Half - Ch. 10 - Looking After (2)

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the upload of another great chapter, and its nice to see the return of the thirsty yet supportive childhood friend Xi. Even though her concerns about being replaced as Mu's chief waifu is likely legit.

Dex-chan lover
Is it only me that think that something is wrong if you need to work overtime everyday from the get go? I know it's really not important but it was the main thing that I noticed in the chapter.

Anyway, thank you for translating and I wonder when she realized that she felt for her.

Dex-chan lover
I hope Mu Ye is able to save her from making the same mistakes and wasting away her youth.

Double-page supporter
@AngryFerret IMO, absolutely. Making yourself a corporate slave is not the same as working hard and diligently, and I'd be wary of any company that expects the former rather than the latter.

Fed-Kun's army
@venomx99x

Perhaps so, but that still doesn’t change the fact that it’s exploitation. Overtime should be that rare exception, not the standard.

Dex-chan lover
@AngryFerret Well, as a union guy, IMO if a company wants your work they should have to pay for it. All this "overtime" isn't really overtime, it's unpaid overtime. Ultimately, the wage labour relationship is exploitative to start with and in a better world most firms would be worker-owned co-operatives. But utopia aside, wageless labour just stinks.

Group Leader
@AngryFerret gosh honestly as the translator (and working in an Asian country) I totally sympathised with Xiaoyu as I translated. Often there's no/limited legal protection against this form of exploitation, and it becomes a working culture - to the point where not working overtime for free is akin to slacking off. It's toxic.

Users who are viewing this thread