Hana ni Arashi - Vol. 4 Ch. 46 - Decision and Parting

Dex-chan lover
I'm probably in the minority that actually sympathize with Senpai. From this chapter we all can see that even Chidori herself has her own hesitation in telling others that she is actually dating a girl. In the current real world, sure, same sex love is so common that it's everywhere. But let's not forget that in the past, being a homosexual gets frown upon too, and people aren't as accepting as it is today. Even in certain part of the world today, there still homophobic people, especially in more traditional society.

It's very sad that Igarashi was afraid of committing to her feelings and chose to bury it instead, and in the process deeply hurt Chidori. Instead of having the courage to love another person of the same sex, she chose to pretend to be "normal" and dated a guy. Certainly, this is gonna be one of her regrets in her life and there's nothing she can do but to move on.

Now I can't wait for the fireworks kiss FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

Double-page supporter
Can we get an F for senpai who totally internalized comphet

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus
But let's not forget that in the past

They are barely 1 or 2 years between the flashbacks and the current events. It's not like Igarashi time travel from the 80s. Even so she put her own insecurities into Chidori and never really give her a proper explanation. It's lucky Chidori find Nanoha because Chidori was distancing herself of love because of that.

Dex-chan lover
Well there you go, you finally told someone about your relationship
Now tell all your god damn friends already!

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt you actually can't read. Read again what I wrote and you will realize I was talking about the past of real world.

*facepalm*

@Liliwyt

Tell that to my country, lol. I'm in southeast Asia, if you publicly said you identifies as lgbt, you'll get hanged. Even in such progressive country, says, America, there's specific part of some of the area in the US that still hated lgbt. Hell, even if someones lives an an accepting environtment, you'll find people who still aren't exactly fine with coming out from the closet with all kind of reasons.

I think @Xystus point still stands. I understand and sympathizes with the Senpai, although she acted in the worst possible way, dragging Chidori along for her trouble. I still think Senpai is an interesting character in this manga, albeit underdeveloped, and acts mostly for some sort of progression for our main couple. I'm fine with it.

Dex-chan lover
ayyy, i tend to read quickly when it's too long so forgive me. Anyway i still can't symphatise because of what she have done and the poor excuse she give to her behavior. I can barely feel any regret in her attitude and what she said. I don't ask her to kneel down, cry and ask for forgiveness but at least show a bit of regret. All we had is "oh you're gay and don't have problem with it ? Guess i should leave then. Oh btw i was just being nice because you were alone" Yeah not like you nearly make her give up on love back then and come backjust to give this excuse because you couldn't fool your kouhai anymore.

Senpai has no clue. I think she meant to apologize, but without a clue, it didn't come off well.

I hope her "goodbye" is final.

And, totally different subject, I hope Chidori and Nanoha will be as open about themselves with people that actually matter to them as they have been with this senpai.

Oh hell no, you don't just try and turn her into a good person.
She was a straight up bitch in the worse sense.
Not to mention she tried to two time with Chidori before.
"I was just worried about her~"
Yea, no, you almost just ruined her school life as well as her love life.
Luckily her girlfriend is understanding, and her friends are not idiots.

I have such a strong urge to cuss her out more in this comment, but I'll let off.

@Madcat6204 @YamiryuuZero Don't forget that it can be really difficult for some people to admit to loving someone of the same sex/genre. I found the reaction of the sempai to Nanoha declaration really telling. Her expression says that she's mindblowned by the realisation that it's an actual possibility.

Group Leader
Comphet too strong with Igarashi-senpai. Let's hope she sets herself straight (rather, the opposite) and follows her heart and not her conditioning. It was a good resolution, though I would have liked to see a bit more of exposition on Igarashi's side.

jak

Contributor
I feel bad for people involved with these types of lesbians, both the guys and girls. The girls get screwed over because the lesbian wants to marry a man, but then the guy gets screwed over not knowing that the woman he's married doesn't even like his gender.

So glad this bitch finally stepped the fuck off! Like stay the fuck away from my ship before I humble your ass! 🤣🤣🤣
💯 #ITSONSIGHT 👊🏾

Hopefully she'll find herself though...🥺 She really needs to discover more of what SHE wants rather then follow social norms and expectations of others... Otherwise she may repeat the same mistake again towards someone else in the future.

Dex-chan lover
What was Senpai so surprised about ? 2 girls dating or Chidori being with someone ? Idk she definitely had some feelings for Chidori who knows if shes Bi or a lesbian but she already made her choice and well some choices have outcomes that cant be changed no matter what, you fucked up Senpai you just weren't true to yourself.

And it truly seems like she wanted something with Chidori i dont think she was just playing around but last time she wasnt strong enough to be true to herself and she ended up dragging Chidori through a lot of emotional pain and hurt and now shes simply lost her chance.

But well the true key moment this chapter is Nanoha's appearance and strong declaration of love god damn was that heroic be careful Senpai doesn't fall for you Nanoha, it really gave Chidori the strenght to now truly say goodbye and put the past behind her .... Good!

Also do you guys smell that ? I smell progress i really do my bones can feel it theres gonna be some progress, well i hope so at least, ive already been wrong before so i hope im right now lol.

Well at least there was some clear emotional progress on the relationship i think Nanoha and Chidori grew quite a bit thx to Senpai so in a way im glad she came this is the type of drama i like straight and to the point, it serves a purpose advancing our characters growth and is neatly resolved very good.

Users who are viewing this thread