Hanamonogatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
thanks for bringing this back!!

we need more granny yuris lol

it's interesting how she can still 'hear'/see her husband's words/what he would've presumably said

(i get not needing/wanting to wear perfume if you're busy raising kids/having a family and such but i would assume there'd be some nice soaps/body washes you can enjoy unless japan's aren't as strong as some american products are)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
One of my favorite things about this old women yuri manga is that it's also fundamentally about a woman who has spent a lifetime as a wife and mother and now she's actually finally getting the chance to be herself, to finally dig up who she is underneath the responsibilities.

It's heartwarming honestly

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for bringing this back, it allowed new readers like me to discover this treasure for the first time.

We really need more mature yuri romances like this.
this being an exception aside i think the 'oldest' i've seen is like maybe office workers in their older 20s/early 30s, if not if not some age gap stuff if not them both being around the same age.

Tho the romance where it's that 40 year old woman and 50 year old man is also a cute read

Dex-chan lover
ewBTZ3R.png

I've never heard of this, a month of Sundays? so like 30 weeks? that's pretty cool

Dex-chan lover
ewBTZ3R.png

I've never heard of this, a month of Sundays? so like 30 weeks? that's pretty cool
It's a very old-fashioned expression in the US, meaning an extremely long time (imagine sitting through a month full of Sunday morning sermons...). It fits with their old-fashioned, "quaint" way of speaking, emphasizing that they're of an older generation.

ETA: Thanks for the translation! I'm loving this, it's so sweet and heartwarming, just what's needed atm.

Dex-chan lover
Such a sweet, quietly emotional chapter ^_^ Full of subtleties too, the author doesn't seem to feel it's necessary to hammer every point home, which is something I really appreciate in a more introspective story like this. Just seeing the character come alive and get all blushy is so much fun,it really goes to show you it's never too late to find your own little happy place in the world. Darn near 10 out of 10 in my book !

Dex-chan lover
world could use some more boomer yuri. i spray mojave ghost like its air freshener, u can do without crucial moments too

MORE WHOLESOME OLDER LADY YURI YES <333 Perfume is such an easy way to boost your mood and feel fancier when you have one you love, but it is hard finding one!
this being an exception aside i think the 'oldest' i've seen is like maybe office workers in their older 20s/early 30s, if not if not some age gap stuff if not them both being around the same age.

Tho the romance where it's that 40 year old woman and 50 year old man is also a cute read
I am so curious as to which manga that is!!!

Dex-chan lover
3 Volumes??? O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
it sounds like a lot but MD says the last chapter is 15, so overall it might be shorter than we'd expect other than bonus chapters but hopefully the author will make a lot more stories within the same 'universe'/canon or so lol

Users who are viewing this thread