Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - One Step Forward

Fed-Kun's army
Some people are acting like the manga is ending, since the central conflict is being resolved, so any further plot would feel forced. I'm going to disagree. The author's been setting up Ooguma's overprotective parents as possible antagonists since chapter 1. They've asked Kanda to write a resume, given Ooguma a curfew, made her video-call every night to verify she's at home, etc. Also the title is "Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl"; I think the first half dealt with the Handsome Girl plot, and now we're going to handle the Sheltered Girl plot.

Specifically I think Ooguma's parents going to disapprove of Kanda, and try to stop her from dating Ooguma. I don't know if it will be because Kanda's a girl, or because she lied about her gender on her resume, or because she's a "bad influence" since she got Ooguma to break her parent's rules. But I think they'll disapprove, and Ooguma/Kanda will have to figure out a way to convince Ooguma's parents Kanda is a good partner. I doubt this will be the sole focus; much like the secret gender plot I think it will be in the background while we have cute date chapters and other fun interactions. But I do think it is a reasonable non-forced direction to go in.

Of course, its always possible the author/publisher decided not to renew the series for a third volume. But I don't think it would be because there is no more plot, I think it would be a business decision.

Dex-chan lover
« I bet she could fit a whole turkey in that thin body of hers... »
You just know that's someone's fetish.

Dex-chan lover
A bad girl, eh?

Will next chapter be realeased with an H tag? Either way I’m all in for it.

Dex-chan lover
Well this was a rollercoaster ride for my emotions.

I was angry and upset the moment she mentioned kissing. Then I was happy when she confessed she's a girl before actually kissing. The MC has conscience and truly loves her after all.

Then the sheltered girl proved how sheltered she is. Ah it was painful to read yet funny or something.

Lastly, the bath. Sheltered girl you're sooo... Now I don't know if what I'm feeling. I guess I'm now just relieved it's the last page.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, I know from experience some women *cough*mywife*cough* are "I’ve never been with a woman before, so... LET ME GET ON THAT!” *pounce*

gender is only an issue if you're a loser, and ookuma is a winner. can't wait to see what the actual conflict of the manga is next ch~

Aggregator gang
Oh noes, Ookuma's becoming a Bad Girl!

Next chapter: bath sexytimes. (Narrator: there was no sexytimes.)

Next chapter: furious blushing. (Narrator: *two thumbs up*)

Users who are viewing this thread