Handyman Saitou in Another World - Vol. 2 Ch. 37 - Devil Summoning

Dex-chan lover
Right then. Drop the feathers right now or we're gonna drop you like previous demon pillars.

Dex-chan lover
Okay so I get the whole despise adventure stuff (though I hope the author does need to realize she’s generalizing and being prejudiced which kinda makes her the worse person there and pretty hard to sympathize with) and that all of them just want to save the witch and everything, but this conflict feels unnecessarily dragged out. It’s also destroying the empathy and character development I felt toward them during their focus chapters. Here, it’s kinda hard to like them. They literally just tried to kill the main character (who I kinda care the most about) out of nowhere and offered no explanation for it and now they’re trying to kill every other character I’ve come to kinda like (or like a lot) and their only reasons are prejudice (I mean this has to be jobism or occupationism; is that a thing? I don’t care its that and its wrong) and “well, I’m trying to save this one girl I like so its fine if I kill you without an explanation, asking for help, or giving you any choice”. I mean if the other guy tried to explain and was told “it doesn’t matter; we’re adventures; its first come first serve” then I’d understand. As is this feels really drawn out, kinda stupid, and pretty pointless. Also does the Fairy not see that the Adventures have a fairy trying hard to keep her allies safe? Or is she just being more blind by her own prejudice and discriminatory nature? Also how are you going to start a conflict and then get mad at the other side for not immediately dying and fighting back?

Fed-Kun's army
The edge is getting laughably high. Reminds me of Criminale!, where the police officer antagonist's backstory was that a criminal raped and murdered her friend but got released because of lack of evidence so she hates all criminals on principle.

There's a progression to stakes, and this is not it.

Fed-Kun's army
I hope the punchline for all this hits with 'and it was all for a roomba'

Aggregator gang
And it turns into a super edgy cringefest. What'd you expect from what Kirei picks up, though. ;)
Shame, though. This was actually decent.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah... Woe is me, feel my edge. Please, maybe try to find someone else who doesn't abuse you. This is unnecessary.

Aggregator gang
I hope "Shed! Ryugasaki-san" doesn't suddenly get all dark like this current arc

Dex-chan lover
this arc is definitely slow but what the hell are these ridiculous accusations that its becoming "like berserk". Either the people saying that shit have never read berserk, or their the biggest exxagerators ive ever read in my life. things have turned dark yeah, but berserk is vanta black at times in comparison. Why are you acting like atleast 3 characters we liked have died, and they actually showed us the "crossbreeding" thing in full effect?

Dex-chan lover
Ohhhh Cyclops laser.... Hmmm....

A fairy who force to crossbreed to other species???? Hmmmm

Ahhh I remember, something similar i had been watch before... Its Interspecies Reviewer...

Dex-chan lover
@Onsokumaru Because of people like the Chunchunmaru of the speed of sound here, who don't get that both in reality and fiction, there are idiots and eccentrics who attempt strange things.

Users who are viewing this thread