Hanebado! - Vol. 13 Ch. 62 - Power Beyond Limits

Dex-chan lover
"energy I had in reserve"
BS!! come on... well, let's not think too hard on that, maybe that's just what an athlete would say to lift their spirit and not necessary true. But fuck it pisses me off how Nagisa is powering up like a super saiyan or something and now they're talking about her as she's the epitome of experience and hardship and how Connie is just a rookie that lacks experience, come on!!!!... I guess is true that Nagisa is the author's favorite and that's why this happens.

But I admit that Connie's ego is beyond the charts and she needed someone to put her feet back on earth..... Except in beauty, she's hot lol, you can't always win by breaking their spirit, you need to fight for it to the very end and that's the hell they talk about.

Now I know that the worst outcome wouldn't be Nagisa winning, it would be Nagisa losing because her injury or something... If I read something along the lines "If her knee wasn't hurt then maybe..." I don't know... I think I would take vacations of this manga for a while.

Ah but I TRULY Appreciate the work you guys put into the translation, the typesetting is top notch

@Serenata

back when the anime was airing someone said that Nagisa was basically a shounen protagonist. I suppose it doesn't get any more accurate than this lol

The art is really fun and hot, I really like it. The match is a bit dragged out though... XD

Dex-chan lover
@Xhenon This is the first all-female manga of this author, it is obvious that it will be easier for him to draw a tomboy with a bunch of traditionally male tropes than to create a more believable female protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

The problems is Nagisa isn't even the protagonist; Ayano is. That's why it feels so weird Nagisa's getting this kind of narrative fellatio. The author is letting his favoritism take over and this affects the quality of the story.

Dex-chan lover
@1idd0kun This is just one arc, I doubt it is so terrible. Moreover, as I understand it, Nagisa is also a protagonist, not least because of the strong emphasis on Ayano vs Nagiasa.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
This isn't just one arc, this is the final arc. And Nagisa is a "protagonist" in the sense that the author has an unreasonable bias in her favour. The actual protagonist is Ayano.

@1idd0kun
I couldn't agree with you more. The author could've just ended the match after chapter 60 where Connie was in the lead by 7 points. Instead of making Aragaki overpowered out of nowhere.

Dex-chan lover
@1idd0kun In the sense of the final? Yes, the author confirmed that he wants to finish the work this year, but isn't there a big gap between Japan and the translation?

Dex-chan lover
This match seems strangely familiar. Oh wait..
https://youtu.be/jBhZ5o68egs?t=13m5s

Fed-Kun's army
@1idd0kun @SuperOniichan If the scanlation group keeps up their pace of 1 chapter per week, they should catch up by December. If the manga truly ends this year, they will probably catch up about the time it ends.

Unfortunately, the manga is now emulating the anime, where the drama is just dialed up to 11 with very little sense of realism.

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1 Well, according to the author, they deliberately made adaptation exactly like this, since the author wanted the anime to fit his current manga style.

Dex-chan lover
I dont mind with nagisa having more spotlight now cs its her last year. Ayano will definitely have her own permanent spotlight after nagisa retires so i think its normal for the author to give nagisa the spotlight. I personally have it boring if its only about ayano ayano ayano and more ayano just because she was the main char of the manga. I dont see a favoritism in her either but more of a catalyst for both the main char and her main rival.

Dex-chan lover
@episode except if she's shown to be NOW the most powerful player about to beat the former most powerful character who won international tournaments and has been presented as exceptional in size, skill, speed, and talent........And then Nagisa just comes and plays at the same level because in words of Nagisa herself... They're equal.

Of course no one wants to see only Ayano, and it's cool to see Nagisa but there's clearly favoritism and there are many other players around.

Users who are viewing this thread