Happy End. - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Treated Like A Toy

Dex-chan lover
Streaming the next chapter? I know a translator who wrote that. Good to see that you picked this up. Zanki x 99 was a great journey. Thanks again for picking this up.

On another note, I am afraid to find out what is going on down there. I want to find out but geez. They are dying a lot.

Dex-chan lover
NEW CHAPTER LET'S GO!

Poor Sayaka. She suffered the pain of death 93 times all alone. That's roughly 7 years, since that's 1 month times 93! She never saw what was coming. All the plans she did? It didn't matter, because there was always something she couldn't accommodate for. She really couldn't do this alone.

She just wanted to protect Akane, but in the end, she had to get Akane's help. Because who else could she trust?

How are the chips related to the time leaps? Why are they time leaping in the first place? What is that mysterious laboratory hidden in the school? Why is there someone manipulating them? I'm excited to know more!

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, thank you very much for picking this up!! I'm so happy. I love this manga a lot.
This chapter is very heart-wrenching with all the suffering Sayaka went through (and I love it), but I'm happy to see Sayaka getting together with Akane again in the end! The mystery just thickens. I look forward to more!!

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, thank you very much for picking this up!! I'm so happy. I love this manga a lot.
This chapter is very heart-wrenching with all the suffering Sayaka went through (and I love it), but I'm happy to see Sayaka getting together with Akane again in the end! The mystery just thickens. I look forward to more!!
I knooowww!!!! Her losing her cool to akane when meeting again broke my heart haha, and I'm so happy we're able to bring back the manga you enjoy so much, can't wait to release more!

Missing Pages Reporter / Double Page Reader
Staff
Super Moderator
I FORGOT TO PUT IT IN, I'M STERAMING THE TRANSLATIN HERE PLS WATCH
Welp, this is a first. I've managed to confirm a missing page via a twitch stream.

Around here:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/23e61e0f-9824-420b-add6-19454ecd75be/3
image.png

image.png

Page is on the left:
image.png

Well ... I ended up downloading the raws to double check, but the translated page clearly does exist already as evident by your twitch stream. :p

Dex-chan lover
Contributor
Thanks for continuing this!

A valiant effort by Sayaka, but she is human and her mind eventually reached a breaking point after 93 attempts of pain and suffering leading to certain death. But by then, Akane got her memories back. Thank goodness.

On pg. 16 I'll simply assume the mangaka is unfamiliar with how spent bullet cartridges look like... because the alternative was to have the killer drop an unspent bullet for some reason and then bludgeon Sayaka to death instead with the handgun. That's a much more brutal way to die that I don't want to accept.

She suffered for 7 years. 7 YEARS. 7.6455 YEARS TO BE EXACT.
She's a true cinnamon roll, alright. Already my favorite character in this manga. Out of the other time loop protagonists I know she's already in second place behind Rika's 100 years of pain and suffering through countless loops in the original story of Higurashi. Not to take away from the pain of the other time loopers, but it's crazy that somehow it's the little girl protagonists who suffer longer.

Dex-chan lover
HOLY SHIT IT WAS ELON MUSK'S DOING!
Trash joke aside, but thanks for picking this up, this chapter was amazing and Sayaka deserves all the happiness in the world.

Dex-chan lover
@Extreme-Tactician and @Coldlight

I mentioned this in my comment on the previous chapter, but this makes almost zero sense. Like, maybe a small, tiny amount of sense but otherwise almost zero.

Her mind breaking? What?

She says it herself in this chapter. She does NOT actually remember her past memories. She just writes "filtered" notes.

Is your mind breaking right now because you read about her 93 attempts? No? Then hers shouldn't be breaking either. I can understand a certain amount of desperation and suffering, but she should still be detached from it because she doesn't actually remember.

And it is NEVER said that she did 93 times ALONE. She might have. But the shadowy figure says it's only a matter of time before those two return. That could imply it's a total of 93 times they visited, both of them together.

And lastly, the monologue of Sayaka made very little sense when you remember the actual fact that she can't remember. One trip took 8 minutes and 40 seconds before she was stabbed in the neck. Who the hell is saying this? Sayaka? It must be her because it says "I" was stabbed in the neck. Past tense. In a note that cannot possibly exist. Because she was stabbed in the neck.

Completely side note, she took chemicals and "of course" they weren't there the next time? Not only is this building section apparently immune to the time leap, which was never said before, Sayaka feels like it's "of course" in this monologue note that she never wrote because she was killed.

In the end, the writing style looks awkward. The author is trying to go for this emotional pull of suffering and loneliness. I can feel that for someone like Alan's, but this made so little sense for Sayaka. I see a person who has read a book and then started breaking down. That doesn't really make sense on a deep level and looks like the author is being cheap.

---

And just to make this clear to anyone who says I'm just whining. I do generally like this story. I'm going to keep reading. But things like this do detract from it. These are issues the story has.

Users who are viewing this thread