Happy End. - Vol. 3 Ch. 9 - Abducted

Contributor
Sayaka thinks she is mentally 27 years old, huh. I kinda wonder what a 27-year-old her would physically look like.

So it's not 1997 anymore, it's 2047. That's bonkers. If this isnt a true time leaping experience, there has to be an explanation why they keep their youth even after decades have passed. One way I could think of is that each time Akane dies, her memories are somehow transferred to a clone body who then wakes up and takes over as the experiment is restarted. The previous chapter already hinted at the possibility of clones with zombie Izumi and killer Izumi.

Just don't tell me the third party observer... is the real adult form of one of the girls. That's not it, right?

It's not often I encounter a manga where the main characters are living in what seems like an experimental playground being watched by outside administrators/observers. This is a mess, true, but at least it's not boring.

Dex-chan lover
Huuuh I'm on the edge of my seat with this reveal. It wasn't time travel after all they're just being brought back to life. One chapter left! I gotta see how it ends!

Dex-chan lover
No, they just completely changed Sayaka because the writer realized they fucked up. This is shit.

Sayaka has the mentality of a 27 year old? That's just stupid to hear the author completely retcon how she worked.

Honestly, Sayaka is the infinitely more interesting person from this sci-fi perspective if we believe the crap writing of the author.

I also want to say I don't really like this time travel/time loop sci-fi stuff, but it's at least okay-ish. It's mostly internally consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread