Happy Sugar Life

Aggregator gang
Whoa, the anime sure can covers a lot of volumes even with only one cour.

Eh, this manga has shock value for the sake of pure shock value.
No subtlety or weaving it in the story. Much like a creepypasta it just throws over the top stuff at the reader to make them think its well-written horror.

Dex-chan lover
The anime ending sucked, the manga is a little better?

There was a bit of hope with Shouko and Asahi maybe getting a happy ending, but... Damn. It's pretty bleak now.

Group Leader
All things considered, this manga is repetitive and stale. Really, the art isn't any much better. Oh well, let's see how this will end.

Fed-Kun's army
The execution of the little things in this manga is still pretty good. If you just take this chapter titled "friendship" on its own, it's a really good moment about a murderous psychopath hanging out with her bff.
Shame it's all put together so poorly.

I was a bit reluctant after hearing all the nasty rumors about this, but grew some spine and marathoned all the available chapters in one afternoon. Extremely depressing and not for everyone, but a good read and a sad reminder that you don't have to go to Third World countries to find truly misfortunate people.

Please give Yuuna and Asahi lots of hugs and fluff for Christmas :'(

(also I admit Satou's aunt left an impression, far more than her niece)

I love this manga, I just hope a better ending than the anime, anime was bittersweet thought

Is it still being scanlated? https://trello.com/c/1tSvvdQ4/9-happy-sugar-life this says the process is active but that was set to active in September and well, its a lil past September now. Is it essentially dropped since there's an official English release now?

Fed-Kun's army
The dialogue is really awkward to read, but I am interested in how it ends. The whole story just functions on the basis that dam near everyone is psychotic

Dex-chan lover
Not really my style, but it does seem to work itself out.
It presents an incredibly unusual MC, who lives in an incredibly unusual reality, who keep coming across unusual and freaky people.
If anything, the "normal" people in the story seem to be the abnormal ones, considering how few and inbetween they are.

Contributor
Special chapter confirmed to be released in September 2019. Anyway, hope we get the ending of the normal serie soon, hope for a different ending from the anime counterpart. <3

Nope. Baka-Updates says complete at 10 volumes, so there's only one not TLed yet.

Contributor
@waterflame - Thank a lot for all your hard work, appreciated your efford.

Sad that the ending was the same as the anime, was hoping for somethign different but in the end if it was the author will for both manga and anime then it can't be helped. Overall the story was average but the last part was surely something more original that save the whole work. 7/10

Now we have to wait for the extra chapter (hopefully is a sequel and not a side story).

Users who are viewing this thread