Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
How the fuck is that sexist?! If the mother and child were men, It would be far worse. I would even go as far as to assume that the father is scum incarnate.
Sexism - Assumptions made based on someones gender (prejudice).

Here you assume the characters situation would be worse if they were men, which is sexist. The only reason that is true is because many believe it to be true.

Dex-chan lover
This entire premise is so fucking bizarre. How the fuck has the dude not moved on after 17 years either? And showing up unannounced, essentially taking advantage of him (not purposely, she's clearly too brain damaged to be purposely spiteful) and him being perfectly fine with it cause can't move on.
It feels way too questionable just from the premise alone.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to offer an olive branch by offering a possible "fix" to rectify some of the major issues I see here.
We have the guy in contact with said girl over the years. They break up but they remain good friends, with her sharing information about her life to all her friends (MC included) about her (maybe) marriage, child, family life, etc. There's a break in communication for a short(ish) amount of time, ie to assume that there's problems occurring in her life, and THEN she shows up with daughter in tow at MC's home, saying "I'm really sorry but I have no where else to turn to". You offer help to your close friends, not people who you "knew" almost 20 years ago. Not perfect, but much better ease into at your cute slice of life manga.

Dex-chan lover
Fucked up premise. The fact that the mother is also pretty useless and dumb is also making it worse

MC is also pretty dumb, if I were to let my Ex that I lost contact with for 17 years to live with me along with her daughter, I WOULD try to ask her lot of things on the first day cause it's way too suspicious.

Where is your family? Who is your that kid? Is that kid mine? Where the hell have you been? Why should i take you in? Why is it me? Just interrogate the shit out of her

Jesus Christ

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to offer an olive branch by offering a possible "fix" to rectify some of the major issues I see here.
We have the guy in contact with said girl over the years. They break up but they remain good friends, with her sharing information about her life to all her friends (MC included) about her (maybe) marriage, child, family life, etc. There's a break in communication for a short(ish) amount of time, ie to assume that there's problems occurring in her life, and THEN she shows up with daughter in tow at MC's home, saying "I'm really sorry but I have no where else to turn to". You offer help to your close friends, not people who you "knew" almost 20 years ago. Not perfect, but much better ease into at your cute slice of life manga.
The mc in the first chapter complained that she showed up after 17 years with no contact.
These are the mc's exact words;
"Are you trying to pass of 17 years without contact with a simple "long time no see"?"

Also, had your conjecture been true, he would have already known about her daughter and she would probably have contacted the mc beforehand, neither of which happened.

Last edited:
There are a whole lotta people in this comment section who I pray do not one day need to lean on someone else for a room to stay in, because they will do Olympics-worthy mental gymnastics to justify how it's okay for them, see, but not here because:

Well you are wrong for expecting some kind of deep storytelling in a joke manga like this. It's obvious the author doesn't have the gravitas to do it in a mature way, that's why they make the mother a mooch and an airhead.

The only possible way that the FMC could ever possibly be forgiven is if her daughter is adopted.

If it's his (somehow, through magic) then she's the asshole for not telling him for 17 years, if it's not his she's the asshole for relying on a friend that she hasn't spoken to in 17 years, she's still an asshole for not keeping in touch for 17 years.

This manga feels weird in how long it says things happen. MC's friend speaks to him as if they've only been friends for a couple years, not 17+ years. He doesn't even really react to his ex-girlfriend going AWOL for 17 years, just a simple offhanded remark. It's not even like he forgot about her, either. Remembers her the first time he sees her. And we're supposed to believe that in the 17 years since they broke up MC has done nothing? Like, nothing at all? No new girlfriend? No new friends so far? Just lonely for 17 years?

This one is also ruffling some feathers. The reason why is that many men feel as if they're expected to be doormats for ladies in need. No matter the past, that they are supposed to be knights in shining armor. And here we have a lady who is obviously mooching on a guy she definitely no longer cares about. Such a sad sight. And don't act as if the story isn't hinting to it, either. Both FMC and MC's friend have mentioned that it's strange.

Dude, this plot... What even?

I have this weird feeling in my guts seeing this guy being so chill, hell, even happy to have someone he haven't seen in forever invade his house and immediately asking to live with him out of the fucking blue.

That friend-kun brought a valid point and then Mc-kun just brushes it aside with "if she is smiling im happy", dude what?

Sorry for the real approuch, I understand it's supposed to be cute and whatnot, but it just causes me this indescribable dread deep inside me.

Users who are viewing this thread