Hare-Kon. - Vol. 17 Ch. 167 - The Waiting Man.

Madoka is being too rational for her own good. She cannot fulfill her (self-perceived)
role in their marriage, so there is no meaning for them to be together to her.
But that isn't what a relationship or even a marriage is about. Ryu doesn't care either.
He wants her back, fully and completely.
Madoka knows her own feelings still exist. She is just locking them away. She was able to enjoy
being his manager like she used to be, ignoring what came after.
Being faced with that again, however, her fear and sense of failure took over again.
Give in to your feelings. Koharu is only a straw-woman for your own conflicting emotions. Accept
that there is more to a relationship and marriage than just procreation.

Fed-Kun's army
@geistchevalier

Did she say why she hates Koharu? it's been awhile and I can't remember

Because they were meant to return on Koharu's Birthday and it was Madoka's turn with him but instead they stayed overnight. Coupled with the fact that Koharu was his first love and the one he wanted to marry the most. She's jealous mostly and can't get over it I believe.

Double-page supporter
everytime i try to sympathize with this man, he always turn it around in the next chapter with how creepy he is.

Dex-chan lover
Remember boys, this is written by a woman. Apparently Ryou behavior is attractive. I wouldn't know.

Dex-chan lover
@Cyreader don't forget that Koharu can inspire Ryuu, on a whim, to do things that Modaka failed to inspire him to do. Modaka encouraged, pleaded, and begged Ryuu to play the piano again - nothing. Koharu's dad dies and is sad, he'll tickle them ivories... just for her.

Double-page supporter
If this is seen as romantic/attracting behavior by Japanese woman (or at least their fantasies), something is bad in their psyches. He not only manipulates the girls but also is kind of fixated on possessing them even when they have gone out of his life... not healthy also very very creepy like other have pointed out

Contributor
Date's behavior is layered if you actually pay attention to the series, he comes off as a creep but the author is clearly showing why three women are sticking by his side, as weird and sexually possessive he is Date still is giving his all to this harem marriage, it is a give and take, Date has accepted all of Madoka and Koharu's demands when he wanted them for himself. Women sticking with men who can keep their word and get off their asses if it is to provide for the family is not unnatural.

If Date was a dude who just wanted sex all the time and there wasn't anything else to his actions, then yes he really would be beyond redemption.

Me reading this bullshit after remembering how the story ends and feelings very much sick. The ML sucks, all the girls suck too. FL should've gotten her
chance to leave and make him suffer and NEVER come back but the girls were selfish.
Me hating the male lead... Sigh. I'd never marry a man like him even if there were harekons.

@Mandeer
She Leaves the hare-kon after this bastard cheats on the girls once again (with that girl who didn't do jack to help the guy get back in his career (she usually just complained about how he wasn't the same) after visiting one of his performances) and goes out to live on her own. A year/few months (idk how long) the selfish wives go to find here and indirectly persuade her to come back to the hare-kon and she does. It's fckin bullshit. I'm pissed because of the selfishness of the other characters, the lack of integrity of this man and the pushover quality in the FL.

Double-page supporter
Why am I still reading this? I already know the ending but here I am! Oh god...

Users who are viewing this thread