Hariko no Otome - Vol. 1 Ch. 5.2

One, he's far too old
Two, she's a minor
Three, what's the problem with an engagement?
Four, why do you have to marry her? Can't you adopt her or something, for God's sake?

For everyone whingeing. Often times IRL girls as young as 10 married men as old as 50. I think 15 and late 30’s is much better. Not that it’s all that good either.

UHHHHHHHHH

i get it's for her protection but like UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

she is 15 (I know reincarnated too but only she knows) and he is like 40. I dont like this pairing

Aggregator gang
@Azure_Reaper As a daughter she Likley has less protections than as a wife. Kingdom could force him to marry her off "for the good of the country". So long as she is eligible for marriage she has a big target on her back.

Fed-Kun's army
@Azure_Reaper
Not being an advocate for this age gap or anything (I don't love it nor hate it) but I get why he didn't just adopt her: her powers will make her the wife/concubine of a royal so even if he adopts her, she would have to eventually marry another royal so she wouldn't be protected. I doubt the royal family will just let her marry someone else and be away where they cannot use her so it was basically either him or another royal and since her current guardian trusts this guy, he was chosen.

Dex-chan lover
@Akrea93 What's a stronger degree of connection, marriage or adoption? Mind that marriages can be entirely political too, with all the power associated but none of the actual romantic feelings associated. A political marriage with no love involved might as well be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread