Hariko no Otome - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.2

THANK YOU FOR TRANSLATING THIS. IT WAS EASY TO READ, AND UNDERSTAND, THE PAGE SIZES WHERE ALL THE SAME. I DIDNT NOTICE ANY IRREGULARITIES FROM REDRAWING. GOOD JOB.

Dex-chan lover
You did very well the bubbles felt kind of empty but that seems like something thst might come with experience, and the translations were concise and made sense, but if I had to nitpick something why the fuck is there yellow behind the sparkles?

It doesn't really matter I guess but it's just... suddenly YELLOW

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the update. Everything felt like it flowed well and beside some bubbles looking a bit empty due to the size difference in translation, it looked professional.

ty for the TL, i'd say the most noticable thing when typesetting is to make the font the same as previous scanlators. I find it really helps it flow better but that might just be me :p

Great job on the translation and chapter overall! Reading over the other comments, I have no new suggestions so thanks for your hard work

Thanks for the update!

For Sound Effects, there's a 'lazy' method where you type the translation/interpretation of the sound effect at the border of the frame in small font with something like "SFX: [insert translation]" -- this allows you to skip cleaning for those sections without making it too awkward that the cleaning was skipped. Probably not too professional a method, but I see it used reasonably often with scanlations and prefer it over awkwardly chosen typefaces/translations of sound effects that may or may not be type-set convincingly

For multiple sound effects in the same frame... well, you can just let the readers guess 🤣 actually, there's a few methods for helping the reader tell which one is for which set of effects, with font/size choice if there are differences, or proximity with where the SFX are placed, or actually going in and including the SFX in-line with the translations

[you can also just skip cleaning and translating sound effects completely too]
[words that are typed in small letters that are annoying to clean and type-set can be treated the same way -- may or may not need to add in a small asterisk in the frame if it can fit to note which texts belong where]

Thanks for the translations! I'm a native spanish speaker so it really confuses me when there's an odd translation, it's definitely not the case with this one, I think you did a great job.

aw I liked the name Ewey more but thank you for the chap thought this will never update again so thank you 😍

Seems like some people have read chapter 6.2... For me MD gives error "chapter unavailable".

Dex-chan lover
@Asbolus yeah, I feel like in a different type of story the former king and Rodan would be bad guys who only saved Yui so that they could use her.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn son, i thought you were joking when you said it was your first time typesetting... if you need a typesetter and redrawer, send me a message I’m actually looking for a translator

As i guessed from the other chapter (while numerous commenters weren't being smart), he isn't very powerful and might possibly be on bad terms with the royal family.

@looc64 it's simply her being employed, guaranteed a degree of safety, in exchange for her helping them if she decides to (of course though she is a nice person and feels indebted so she wouldn't disagree).
I think they're doing a good job with her. I hate when stories ignore big glaring issues like this so that the heroine is unaware and goes pulling trouble (I do wonder though, is that her mother from the previous chapter with the big spider on her?? Who is she?? Is she evidence of mismanagement?)

Dex-chan lover
Tbf along with her age before getting isekai’d shes in her mid 30s so it isnt that strange...the strange part is the middle aged dude taking her 15 years old hand in marriage...well its fantasy medieval so i guess it....fine ?
But why couldnt they just go with the cliche rejected but brilliant second prince or someshit....maybe author has a thing for young girl x scuffy middle aged dudes ?
Uwaaa....

Users who are viewing this thread