Hariko no Otome

@Otakuman706 it's possible that you just need to read the description a little slower. I do that sometimes when there are too many sentences clumped into one paragraph, but the main description for this manga is relatively short and to the point. The summary mostly focuses on the beginning chapters (1-4). When you get to chapter 5+, you're already past the description and into her "another welcome turn) (the last few words of the description).

This manga is a good read. The chapters are long (for being cut in half), it's not too fast pace or dragging on. It's unfortunate that the update time is very unpredictable, but it's better than nothing I guess.

@Reonocte Dear lord I honestly was the same all the way up until the last few panels. LOL like geez
this guy can really be her father, not husband 🤣

I have a feeling
that the marriage is to protect her from the family since it would look bad if they try to do something to the former king and once they out themselves the marriage will be off
That being said I like the Former king but I'm not as young as the FL. heh

Uhhh, the former king is too old for her. IDK these kinds of stories where there's a HUGE age gap is not my cup of tea. 5 years is the max imo. But I guess we'll see what will happen

That last chapter is a yikes for me, I thought from the previous one that the twist would be that the noble guy who rescued her from her abusive family didn't had any intention to marry her, and that would twart the plans of the father, but now the former king is asking her to marry him and that's... no good. He is at least 30, probably older, and she is 15 or so. If she doesn't protest this whole thing the next chapter, I'm dropping this, which is a shame because I really like the premise, but everything that happens in the story is caused by the author, and I can't get behind someone who would use that for a story.

..... Even though he's on the cover I didn't expect him to be the ML. Well , her parents will be guilty of plotting against royalty if that contract we're going to affect. Well I guess that spells the end for her family then, man that backfired on them.

Calm down everyone I highly doubt the old man is the male lead as marrying her or at least being her fiance will protect her from anyone causing her harm or taking advantage of her as she got protection from the royal family.

Well, ideally it is ideal
to have a partner with the same age or near age as you..

However, in reality, it does happen that
the age gap of the partners are really... uhm.. a bit (😅?) farther than usual.
It just cracked me up how adamant and idealistic some of the readers here are.. well.. since I have been reading manga since teens.. nothing surprises me anymore..
though I honestly did not expect the end of this chapter as such.
I hope that their biased thinking will stay as biased as it is ten years from now 😂 Never ever change the way you think 😏😒

Thanks for the update! I hope to read more and see how this story unfolds. 😆

well, historically speaking : it was normal to marry someone half your age or twice yours as long as they had the social statut needed. but even though... the last chapter is quite troubling... even more so since nowadays such age gap is frowned upon. I wonder what the author will do ?

yeah... read 5.2, cringed and dropped. they should have a tag for this because this is as bad as yaoi for me (personal dislike,like others may stay away from tragedy harem etc)
former king if i remember correctly? its probably not even twice the age but three times? ... most likely a grandfather now 🤮 but even double is bad for me.
never read anything from this author other than this and now i never will because for me,that was a gross curveball.

Started good but the plot is progressing way too fast for my liking. I barely even know whats going on. Chapter 5.2 was even more confusing. Isn't the main character like 15? Oh well.

oh um hmm that was not the way I was expecting this to go...Idk how I feel about this, no, I do know it's uncomfortable, but I'mma wait and save my judgment to see what actually ends up unfolding

Users who are viewing this thread