Hataraku Maou-sama!

I am SO glad I saw these comments. Now I can avoid a train wreck. Thank You everyone! I never got to those parts in the LN (thank goodness) because I stopped at the end of the child arc and decided to hold off and wait for enough updates so I could binge. Lost track of time (years) and bumped into the manga again (today) and was promptly slapped in the face by the comments section. Pheww.....
So it seems like the shitfucker who was in charge of the anime somehow kidnapped/brainwashed/threatened the LN author into creating a Chiho gutter tier trash fanfic ending. In the anime it's obvious that a'hole is OBSESSED with Chiho and loves sexualising her to the extreme. He has that vile shit in both OP & ED and loves causing her breasts to change sizes depending on her outfit AND forces the camera to gawk at her body and zoom into her evolving breasts. It's fucking disgusting. It's like poison, it seeps into everything. So the only way I can make sense of this shitshow is that this prick somehow gained influence over the LN creator. If not that, then the publisher or editors took over and ruined the whole damn thing and burned everything to the ground. It's just to unbelievable that the LN creator would do this. All those years of blood, sweat & tears to finally get close to the end they worked so hard to achieve to then suddenly lose your damn mind and burn all that hard work to the ground. It makes no. fucking. sense.

I would love to know how it was going to originally end and maybe the manga will do that. Though I doubt common sense & logic will win. 

Season 2 is confirmed boiss
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-03-06/the-devil-is-a-part-timer-anime-gets-2nd-season-with-returning-cast/.170314

"The first day of the "Kadokawa Light Novel Expo 2020" event announced on Saturday that Satoshi Wagahara's The Devil is a Part-Timer! light novel series will have a second anime season. The main cast is returning"

This is the PV for S2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RujhvMRhw0

I don't many things will be changed from the light novel, as it will probably just be 12-13 episodes, not enough to get to the last volume of the LN

@criz Who was the studio director in charge of season 1 of the anime adaptation? Because season 2 was just confirmed and if he is in charge of it too then it’s goodbye to an alternate ending. And we’ll have just the manga left to put our hopes on :(

Dex-chan lover
First off, I don't think both anime and manga adaptations (if the new anime producers would decide to carry on with an S3/S4 like how Danmachi went) would go with the original ending given the backlash of the final volume..

Second, the novel ended inconclusively with a lot of loose threads and a seemingly rushed pace as compared to the previous volume (which make it seem like they reached a dull route and decided to end it at that point)

and Third, we all know we're here for the adaptations anyway so let's put our hopes into that. It's easier to accept that Volume 21 never existed.

@calmbreez
You’re right. The romance is barely there but elements of it do exist in the story especially towards the end so it’s not wrong to have the tag either.

Fed-Kun's army
@Manganime thanks for the info!
I'm guessing when you say towards the end you're referring to the LN
So does it at least progress in the end? Or its left with nothing really

@calmbreez
Yup, I'm referring to the LN. And yeah, there is development between both pairings — Maou and Emi as well Maou and Chiho, but mainly between Maou and Emi. Only one of the girls end up with him. Depending on who you're rooting for, you may end up disappointed or not. If you haven't even begun to read it, then I don't suggest going into it for the romance aspect alone. It's not the main focus and I honestly don't think it had a satisfying resolution regarding the topic, for either pairings.

Edit: Spoiler tag.

Fed-Kun's army
@Manganime again, thank you for the informative response! 😊

And I think you should put a on your paragraph for the eyes that accidently read it!

@Manganime even those that read it for the plot get disappointed. It felt extremely forced and rushed.
The ending took most of what Maou stands for and threw it out of the window. Emi and Alas got the worst treatment since they can't even return to Ente Isla. All cuz she didn't want to seperate Alas=Ramus come her father. Don't get me started about how he left the demons.

@Dreamingflower
Yeah, tell me about it. The ending was such a letdown. Unsatisfactory and inept. And the author had the gall to call it a “happy ending”, get out of here!
A happy ending only to Chi fans.
Author is next level trolling. Damn him.

@Dreamingflower

I’m forever mad at the author even if manga changes the ending, i’ll still hate him for coming up with that crappy ending in the first place and will never support him ever again. I regret buying his novels! But it’s not like he cares about what we think anyway so it’s whatever. Still pretty damn excited for season 2 though cuz of
Alas Ramus! She’s so cute.

Users who are viewing this thread