Hatsukoi Zombie - Vol. 17 Ch. 161 - Eve

I don't know how to feel about this series since I've been here since Chapter 40.

Double-page supporter
This is so damn stupid. What the hell is this ending?

Lol the salt.

It's not like the reveal didn't make sense when it fits with everything we have known of zombies and how weird it was that Eve was in teenage form to begin with.

But I guess Eve fans pretend they speak for all readers now.

@Memnon
Yeah, author has always been dropping hints all over the story that Eve was a HBZ in the first place.

>Tarou became an energy saving man due to the influence of HBZ Eve
>HBZ can shape shifting into a normal FLZ but with the same HBZ content inside just like Ibusuki's dad's FLZ
>Eve somehow appeared as normal awake FLZ in teenage form while Tarou had no memories about real Ibusuki in chapter 1

Dark eve inside FLZ tornado is only an icing over the cake.

Dex-chan lover
@Alaneater Tarou's preferences simply changed, so her form changed with the changes in what he wished while still being based off the original "eve".

Aggregator gang
I'm okay with this information, it's not like it goes against anything we've learned so far. It does feel sudden since this ending is being rushed, but it doesn't help that this series has gone on a bit too long anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
"The series is popular! Please extend your run!" *stretches out story, pacing goes to shit*
"Your story is not popular anymore! We'll axe you after 3 more chapters!" *Ending rushed, remaining fans pissed off*

What's the actual criticism with the story?
Rushed pacing? how?
Asspull? How does it not makes sense in the context of the story?
The story going to shit? Why tho?

On papaer this is a good twist but it came too late and at a point where eve has been established as another type of character. It's kind of sad but i'm not happy seeing this.

Dex-chan lover
@animajunki123 my take was Eve came into existence as a normal zombie or whatever and apparently this was the first time tarou could ever see one (or why else would he be so surprised as to headbutt ibu so hard). this caused him to not be able to see zombies again. very convenient timing but whatever. this turned original eve into an "hbz". she existed in that state for a really long time forgetting everything until seemed to wake up from "hearing" tarou somehow. she just wished she could be a normal thing so that somehow caused her to morph into her as we knew her from the start with her evilness repressed.

It's all very rushed and stupid but this manga never should have had nearly this many chapters if they were going to have this massive overarching plotline.

Dex-chan lover
It all made sense to me tho whats with all the salts splattered all over the place? People thinking about logic when FLZ concept already breaking the logic, HBZ even further twist the logic two fold in this manga.
Seems like Eve shippers are more than I expected? Being Ebino's dead sunk shipper help digesting the story I guess.

Dex-chan lover
@Memnon
Skip readers pretending to know what they talk about getting their shit slapped always amuse me, let them be salty.

Dex-chan lover
welp in that case they didnt break her, she was already on life support since day 1, they just shaked her till she broke again

Dex-chan lover
Again, Eve is playing the villain. She is scaring Tarou into action, going full scorched earth so that he can freaking choose the true person he loves.
Eve is ready to dissappear, she has been trying to understand the process of dissappearing by going "into" something. Just like the zombie that went into the painting. The one you could say it was a similar existence to her. If, and only if, Tarou chooses ibusuki then the most likely scenario is that Eve goes into Ibusuki, not possessing her but maybe freeing her of the ability to see zombies (how? ending magic of course) heck the author can add a different colored strand of hair growing on ibusuki's head showing that Eve and Ibusuki have become one and the same. (If we go for some lols then Eve also gives her some extra chest sizes xD).

Ohhh, so that's why the Eve inside Tarou's dad's cluster of FLZ is like that, it's reflecting the "real" Eve.

I wish they had given the mangaka like, some more, notice that the series was getting axed. Lol. I mean, I would NOT want to have to tie everything up so quickly.

Dex-chan lover
WOW ... I'm seeing A LOT of Butthurt and Salt in the comments. But this also confirms a theory that I have been saying for a while now. Eve transformed into what Tarou pictured a girlfriend to be and that ... was Ebino. Eve's body is just like Ebino's body. This is NOT an asspull as much as the Eve shippers would have you believe ... a little rushed and the biggest problem is lack of foreshadowing (there WAS some but people chose not to see it). And NO ... Eve is not 'playing' the bad guy so that you can justify her behavior. If she has been a HBZ for 10 years then her actions now make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread