Have Mangadex Links Automatically Embed

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Man am i slow.. at first i was thinking that you were talking about like, writing out the manga title and it made it a link automatically and how that would be many times over complicated and unfeasible.. but you're actually saying that replace the actual url that is already getting recognized with a just a clickable title.. hmm, can't really see any particular problem with something like that

Though i suppose it'd have to grab the title from somewhere, if it was straight from the mainsite then it would get a bit more complicated.. if we could make do with just what's in the url something like /https:\/\/mangadex\.org\/title\/[^\/]*\/([a-z0-9-]+)/gi would work but you'd lose quite a few characters in the process, no quotes, brackets, dashes and whatnot (not to mention that i don't remember what happens if a series only has a single title that doesn't use alphanumerics)

So i guess in the end the only thing you're left with is the first option, grabbing straight from the main site, i don't know if they can extend the link they plan on making when implementing the comments on the main site but it'd have to be something like that, unless they go and make a api call :thonk: (maybe that's the same thing, not exactly knowledgeable about that kind of stuff)

That was quite the wall o' ramble.. /flee

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread