Heavenly Demon Reborn!

@thyfucketh @hokujin Great news! It actually is being translated by SleepingKight Scans (SKSCANS) who also grabbed "Volcanic Age" Here's a link for yall and anyone else looking
https://skscans.com/comics/964903-chronicles-of-heavenly-demon

This is actually gold, if anyone is thinking of reading this and is dissuaded by the chapters available here, please do read it on other sites until ch.10 at skscans (https://skscans.com/comics/964903-chronicles-of-heavenly-demon)

Never have I ever seen a wuxia webtoon / comic / whatever that is more deserving of a 10 on this site. Maybe even any manga / whatever. This is quite literally one of the best stories I have ever read.

Truly a masterpiece. this series kept me wanting to read more and NEVER made me feel like I was stupid, they gave the right amount of information at the right times. for context I'm talking about when manhwas (or other manga and such) leave you with barely any information, i.e. making you feel stupid. those comics really give me anxiety ;( anyways it's 100% amazing and I really liked in the later chapters when it got more of an adventure-y genera.

Excellent manhwa; wuxia setting that avoids many of the common tropes plaguing almost every other wuxia story. Wonderful art as well, and imho the quality has improved over time. Characters act and react rather believably, in much less braindead fashion especially compared to most wuxia stories out there. There were parts with pacing issues, especially wrt the main plot thread, but that's really just a nitpick. Hope it finds its way onto MD someday.

For those who want chapters, try reading it on aggregator sites. MD hasn't updated any chapters recently and now they are all missing, even the title was changed and I personally prefer the title of "Chronicles of Heavenly Demon" not gonna lie.

Manga got official English release with current title, so thats why name was changed. Also seems skscans got dmca-ed. Their new website is called Madara because thats the wordpress theme they(and many other such sites) use.

Double-page supporter
The first season was killer. The possibilities seemed endless. After that the series fell apart.

Currently the enemie is known and our overlord just has lost his mystery. Moreover it's clear how things will play out. The fights don't feel like they have any weight anymore. There is almost nothing at stake apart from his revenge not working out or his shunned "not lover" dying.

Double-page supporter
Also for this that want to read this:
Luminous Scans translates this currently. (Tho I think they'll drop it very soon)

Users who are viewing this thread