Hell Mode: Yarikomi Suki no Gamer wa Hai Settei no Isekai de Musou Suru - Ch. 65 - New Gear

Dex-chan lover
The former. But more importantly their names are on there, so it shouldn't matter what order you give the stats in.
Maybe it's for you, but when I read the final product, it really bugs me and I couldn't even enjoy that page

Half of what I like about my job is reading after it's done.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's for you, but when I read the final product, it really bugs me and I couldn't even enjoy that page

Half of what I like about my job is reading after it's done.
I meant their names are on there, so it doesn't matter what order you supply them, the TS should be able to figure out who goes where. Why would they work on a series they don't read, and how can someone read this and not know the difference between Dogora and Kurena?

Dex-chan lover
I meant their names are on there, so it doesn't matter what order you supply them, the TS should be able to figure out who goes where. Why would they work on a series they don't read, and how can someone read this and not know the difference between Dogora and Kurena?
The workflow of KSGroup tells me that there's like 2 typesetters working on 10 different stories, so maybe they just use some tool to import the docs file then redraw and doesn't really read. I think it's normal for that position to not care about context

Dex-chan lover
Yes, we use that, google docs. But I thought us as a human species would come to an understanding about numbers and letters in the alphabet and I wouldn't have to teach a fish to peel a banana
Google Drive is not Google Docs.

I mean you put the thing you want, where you want it with comments on an image of the page. Like, if you want to translate "うんこ" as "poop", you just put a comment over ”うんこ” with the translation. Dial it back, like, two notches and think about what I'm saying for a second. Do you want an example?

Dex-chan lover
Google Drive is not Google Docs.

I mean you put the thing you want, where you want it with comments on an image of the page. Like, if you want to translate "うんこ" as "poop", you just put a comment over ”うんこ” with the translation. Dial it back, like, two notches and think about what I'm saying for a second. Do you want an example?
Isn't google drive just a storage space? I'm curious, yes, but I doubt I can convinced the group leader to fix the workflow

Dex-chan lover
Isn't google drive just a storage space? I'm curious, yes, but I doubt I can convinced the group leader to fix the workflow
This is what I mean, and what it looks like:

3pjrxa.png

Easier for me to do, and hopefully you can see how it's harder to fuck up.

Dex-chan lover
Please help me settle a moral debate because it's bugging me so hard it's 4 30 and I can't sleep

That particular stat page, would you read it like
2 1
4 3
6 5
Or would you
4 1
5 2
6 3

Me and the proofreader type it as the former, but the typesetter put it as the latter.
I guess the Typesetter is considering the Stat page in the 4-koma style format, which in this case shouldn't apply.

Dex-chan lover
Translator here, me and the Proofreader did not mess it up, but the Typesetter seems to be getting a different idea from what we tried to hand him or her.

I'm going to add a fucking picture for my TN next time because this is damn ridiculous.

Please help me settle a moral debate because it's bugging me so hard it's 4 30 and I can't sleep

That particular stat page, would you read it like
2 1
4 3
6 5
Or would you
4 1
5 2
6 3

Me and the proofreader type it as the former, but the typesetter put it as the latter.
It's not against you, the translation is actually good.
The problem is, as GoblinGuy said, there are pictures of the characters......putting Dogora's everything on Kurena's image and so on means your typesetter is either stupid or trolling (no offense). For sure, it's kinda unprofessional, me thinks...

Dex-chan lover
It's not against you, the translation is actually good.
The problem is, as GoblinGuy said, there are pictures of the characters......putting Dogora's everything on Kurena's image and so on means your typesetter is either stupid or trolling (no offense). For sure, it's kinda unprofessional, me thinks...
I mean, it sounds like they were using a script to do all of this. The TS just pasted in lines in reading order. And they just happened to have a different reading order. I don't even know that he could or couldn't check the names in the first place.

Either way, the problem should be solved now if they take the advice I gave.

Numbers in general are pretty fucked in this story.
I'm considering trying to see how his XP requirements are actually scaling. Because I think it was something like 1000 at level 1 or something? Runescape needs 13,000,000+ XP points to make it to level 99. And that's already an extremely grindy game. Even at 100x for Hell Mode, that's definitely nowhere near the 400,000,000 for level 77. Even considering the fact that your level doesn't scale directly with individual skill levels in RS.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it sounds like they were using a script to do all of this. The TS just pasted in lines in reading order. And they just happened to have a different reading order. I don't even know that he could or couldn't check the names in the first place.

I'm considering trying to see how his XP requirements are actually scaling. Because I think it was something like 1000 at level 1 or something? Runescape needs 13,000,000+ XP points to make it to level 99. And that's already an extremely grindy game. Even at 100x for Hell Mode, that's definitely nowhere near the 400,000,000 for level 77. Even considering the fact that your level doesn't scale directly with individual skill levels in RS.
You missed 3 zeros, its 400 bil

Dex-chan lover
You missed 3 zeros, its 400 bil
You're absolutely right. Which means it's the equivalent of maxing out every single skill in Runescape 69 (nice) times over.
Not reaching level 99. I mean reaching the 200,000,000 XP cap for each of the 29 skills, then doing that 68 (Not nice) more times. This game would be horrendously punishing even without the author's retarded "100x" thing.

Honestly I had to stop reading the LN because the numbers lose all meaning and more numbers get added just because.
They still mean something? :questionblob:

Dex-chan lover
will point what everyone else point out already, page 10 has the stats mixed.

Dex-chan lover
Cecil looks so done watching the ants douse a beetle in acid

Dex-chan lover

Eh, as stupid as it sounds, the numbers are mostly meaningless. The MC's level is based on plot more then anything. It's the author's solution to power creep. So yes the MC will gain experience, but it's more a means to keep the MC in check rather then for him to gain more power.

And the easiest way to tell is because the MC doesn't farm experience. The dungeon should be the perfect place to grind, yet he is focusing on story progression.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, as stupid as it sounds, the numbers are mostly meaningless. The MC's level is based on plot more then anything. It's the author's solution to power creep. So yes the MC will gain experience, but it's more a means to keep the MC in check rather then for him to gain more power.

And the easiest way to tell is because the MC doesn't farm experience. The dungeon should be the perfect place to grind, yet he is focusing on story progression.
This rationalization sounds completely incoherent.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Page 10 was a mess, but I guess anyone who can read can figure out where which one should go to so not much of a deal.
Really nice to see them in new gear after all that time.

Users who are viewing this thread