Helter Skelter

Group Leader
Asano Inio mentions Okazaki Kyoko as one of his favorite mangakas in this interview..

https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2014/06/14/taiyo-matsumoto-with-inio-asano-and-keigo-shinzo/

bd770baf83d1ea1e9f7f6965786df046.jpg

Full CW:
repeated rape/sexual assault, sexual violence & sexual abuse, suicide, body horror, drug abuse, abusive relationship

Truly a unique and fascinating work. Thank you for the translations

Wow. Such unique manga. Too bad right after this ended the author got hit by a drink driver and it ended her career...

I would have liked to see the continuation of this

Fed-Kun's army
Well, what a story! Now I should read the rest of Okazaki-san's work. As I was reading this, I thought it'd be perfect for a film adaptation, and sure enough, it did receive one. Man, the field of manga and the people who work in it (some are geniuses) is colossal.

Great manga. My only issue with it is some of the character designs.
The "ugly" art style works so well with the themes of the story but a lot of the characters look very similar so I got confused during some parts.

I love the way this story really captures how this world works. I cant see celebrities in the same way ever again.

i thought Ririko is gonna dead in the end because her body condition, but again, just like how this world works, things not always going by the way we want it.

If you don't mind the art this is a great josei exploring the pressure to be beautiful in the modern world with photoshopped women, plastic barbies everywhere taken to an extreme because the FL is a star. I take off 3 points because of the art so 7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread