Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Senko - Vol. 14 Ch. 88

They are the type that take too long to speed up but once they get to the top speed, they’ll accelerate like crazy

Yo this dynamic gonna be fun to watch. Also Sugita just casually a chad now huh I see.

Dex-chan lover
I just realized Sugita's hair is just a black version of Takamura's.
What a copycat.

Dex-chan lover
One month ?! Who needs one month to recover from a gastroenteritis ? I don't even get one week off work.

Also, I can understand a bit of jealousy from Sugita, but it feels completely out of place to suddenly see him declaring himself in charge of cockblocking his buddy. Big personality change, for no good reason. Well, we know the actual reason is to artificially lengthen chapter count by slowing progress through dumb shonen tropes but… Zero subtlety about it.

Is it the Japanese aversion to touching others that leads to all these manga full of people that look like aliens trying to imitate human behaviour with only an auto-translated text description to guide them, or are manga authors just that underhugged?

Power Uploader
@genR Takamura had a fever too, which worsened during that time frame.

Also Sugita didn't cockblock on his own free will, Senko's dad ordered him to.

Dex-chan lover
here we see the wild penis immediately submitting to its superior

@idgal
almost exactly like takamura
makes you think

Dex-chan lover
@RonBWL Yeah I read the manga too and it doesn't make sense. Fever ? Everybody knows the famous japanese cold only puts you to bed in a debilitated state for one day and after that you're just peachy ! No but seriously, how many illness will put a 27 y.o. out of commission for an entire month that wouldn't have him going through an hospital, wouldn't deserve more than a one sentence summary ? It'd even make more sense to say he caught the fucking 'rona.

And it's a real weird case of the mangaka making up something dumb for no apparent reason then handwaving it, ignoring consequences it should have. Why is Takamura not more physically affected by a month-long sickness ? How did he manage to not see his roommate for one month ? Why hasn't Senko jumped his dick yet in an entire month of them being a couple ? Even more pressingly, why haven't they managed to become closer than they were before in an entire month ? Surely he hasn't been fever-delirious for the whole month ?

And it feels completely unnecessary too. But on that part, I'm holding judgment. Maybe we're missing some bits and next chapters will reveal the motivations for that time-skip.

Oh and talking about weird continuity changes, why is her father who has been absent since… Not exactly sure but I want to say, the start of the manga ? Suddenly reappearing and caring about the very close relationship between his daughter and Takamura ?

Edit: Wait are we sure it's really a month and not a translation mishaps ? Page 10 Senko's "you said the same line just three days ago". Isn't that referring to page 20-21 from the previous chapter ?

Fed-Kun's army
Wow! What's this manga? It's so different now. Takamura is dummer now, Senko is even sweeter and Sugita is just a monster. It's great. Also the heart shaped pupils made my day! It's truly Senko in love.

@RonBWL Thanks again big time for bringing this to us. Looking forward to see what other surprises await us. I think this is a great example how to revitalize a long running series.

I like it, but this is a really bizarre continuity break. Sugita is seemingly still irritated after a month, Senko and Takamura have had nil progress in the same timeframe, etc.
Seriously, Sugita's style change aside (which is symbolic, if nothing else), there is little that proves that more than a day has passed.

Dex-chan lover
Oddly enough, now that they're dating, all the boner talk is just weird.

Users who are viewing this thread