Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Exam Completion Report and Iris' Worries

Supporter
I told you, Prince Irish is Alice reincarnation :huh:

Screenshot-2023-03-14-23-50-46-316-com-chrome-dev.png

Dex-chan lover
hmm, I don't really understand how killing herself lead to reincarnation.
the translation on the previous chapter differ between 'used' and 'reincarnated'.
might need to re-read from beginning

Dex-chan lover
hmm, I didn't really understand how killing herself lead to reincarnation.
the translation on the previous chapter differ between 'used' and 'reincarnated'.
Yeah, it's a bit confusing since the last chapter just calls them "users". But in this chapter, he also mentions that the sword was "stained by his blood and the blood of someone close to him", which implies that the "usage record" shown last chapter isn't a list of people who wielded the sword, it's a list of people who've used the reincarnation ability of the sword (which means getting stabbed by it).

But I don't know/remember when it was established that the sword itself was the reincarnation mechanism, rather than just something mysterious. Unless the hacking last chapter was supposed to mean "User, Nosferatu, reincarnated (by this sword) 200 years ago" and not "User, Nosferatu (who happens to have reincarnated), 200 years ago".

Dex-chan lover
Eeeh really, this chapter could have been mightily condensed.
Oh no, there was absolutely no way to condense this, because we had character development for just about everyone here.

With Martha, we see a bit of the roots of her resolve, and her worries about being able to keep up with Yuuki. Because how can she be a good and faithful servant if she can't at least cultivate a fraction of the power Yuuki has?

Note that this is like the "MC Was Fired From The Hero's Party" plots where it happens on more amicable terms - where both the MC and the Hero know they can't keep up with the rest of the party, so for the MC's sake they need to part ways. If Martha can't keep up with the party? She knows that Yuuki will force her away, and all for her own sake.

For Kielce, we learn that while he was indeed full of himself and a bit foolish, he would never in a million years would have gone through with that plan had he known the true nature of Geier's spell. And also, the horrified look on his face the moment he realizes: Yuuki is right and the Elysium Temple very likely has agents in either his house, Geier's, or even both.

With Odette, we get to see a bit more of just how well she knows Princess Iris where she prompts Yuuki into making that proclamation about protecting her...

...And then the delightful turning of the tables where Yuuki accurately guesses that Iris is hinting about her past life as Alice, but Odette, not knowing about this, misses entirely and prompts Yuuki instead to make another proclamation about no one else coming before Iris.

And then we get to see that Odette is not someone who is going to be willfully ignorant as she suddenly realizes something is up and promptly makes Iris spill the beans (behind closed doors, of course).

And then there were other delightful touches as well, like Iris suddenly showing that she's got that Whim of Steel where she goes "I SEE YOU TWO GET ALONG REALLY WELL"

(I absolutely love moments like these - where the normally sweet and charming character makes everyone present remember that she can and will make your life "interesting" if you don't chill out.)

I'm honestly kinda disappointed with LHT because they let a perfectly good opportunity for a Jojo reference slip by - the katakana above Iris's head was the onomatopoeia for "MENACING".

And then, of course, there was the previously mentioned spilling of the beans - where Iris tells Odette she has memories of a past life, as well as providing the evidence that will prove it. And now, Odette is fully on board the conspiracy train. Choo-choo motherfuckers. ;)

Dex-chan lover
hmm, I don't really understand how killing herself lead to reincarnation.

Eh, it's actually in the previous chapter:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/382f9070-f4d1-4879-8395-7f839742b63f/45
Reincarnate the 'good'

He was judged by the sword as 'good' so he got reincarnated.
The villagers eventually learn of this function and, convinced that he definitely got reincarnated, they setup all these things for his eventual return.

Alice stabbed herself to use the reincarnate function and follow him.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter!

And we finally found Alice in the present! And this situation that Odette is planning is getting me really curious

Dex-chan lover
Eh, it's actually in the previous chapter:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/382f9070-f4d1-4879-8395-7f839742b63f/45
Reincarnate the 'good'

He was judged by the sword as 'good' so he got reincarnated.
The villagers eventually learn of this function and, convinced that he definitely got reincarnated, they setup all these things for his eventual return.

Alice stabbed herself to use the reincarnate function and follow him.
You got anymore of that good stuff? (Spoilers)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

And we finally found Alice in the present! And this situation that Odette is planning is getting me really curious
You got anymore of that good stuff? (Spoilers)

Well welll well, guess what I was typing in response to the other guy:

If you're the type who thirst enough to drink the spoilers:
It's the symbol of some big merchant company.

Yes it's set up by the people of the village.

Yes it's very much for his eventual return.

And yes they even have a way to confirm identity of those two, so the identity reveal come pretty soon (25)

From ch 26 (latest chapter available on the official site is 27)
Odette "So what's the deal with the stuffs in Iris's dream?"
Yuuki "They're real."
Odette "Eh?"
Yuuki "In my previous life I was the guardian deity of a certain village and her highness Iris was a villager there in her previous life"
"A lot happened and we both reincarnated to this era"
Odette spills tea "Hah?"

And the chapter get even more hilarious from there.

Users who are viewing this thread