Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Exam Completion Report and Iris' Worries

Dex-chan lover
MARTHA BEST GIIIIIIRL :win:
God fking damn true
Preamble: Not disagreeing here. Martha definitely has the goods in more ways than one.

But she has some incredibly stiff competition in Princess Iris. If what we've seen pans out, that girl literally committed seppuku so that she can be with the guy she fell in love with. And not in some spiritual, metaphorical way. She and the others were pretty certain that the sword had that resurrection mechanic to it.

Consider: she could have chosen to lead a long and fulfilling life, and then go out by way of the sword. But she didn't. She jumped forward through time via reincarnation in order to be with Yuuki again because she didn't want to wait around.

That had to have taken an absolutely horrendous amount of gumption and courage on her part, because going out like that has to be an agonizing experience. And it's very likely that it was as painful for her as it was for Yuuki, as she had his blood in her already.

The direction I see this going will be that Princess Iris is gonna work Yuuki over in order to get him to be hers. Not that it will take much effort, I think. Yuuki sees her as a last vestige of a past life that was full of happy memories, and I suspect that this, combined with her affections for him, will make him want to keep her by his side forever.

I'm also pretty sure at this point that Odette isn't gonna get left out. She cares too much about Iris, and Yuuki has already shown that he does not mind having Odette as a co-conspirator. I suspect that he'd accept Odette - albeit ambivilantly - as a second wife, mainly because it will make it easier for the two of them to ensure Iris's wellbeing and happiness.

Martha, I am certain, will not be left out. The question is, though, is exactly what her future will entail because of her commoner origins. One possible outcome is that, should Yuuki be wedded to Iris, that she would become not only their personal maid, but also a concubine for Yuuki. This could have the end result of Martha becoming the matriarch of a branch house that will be devoted to serving Yuuki and the royal family.

I can't see her actually being able to marry Yuuki, especially if he becomes wedded to Iris. The only way for this to happen, I think, would be to cultivate her own power and achieve her own feats. If she can do something that is batshit-heroic enough, then not many people would be able to complain if Iris granted her a noble rank so she can legally marry Yuuki.

Martha has already demonstrated her dedication, though. But there is also the implication that she would be very much content just being at his side. Becoming a consort/concubine would be a pleasant bonus for her. But let's just hope and see if she can gain the merit she needs to stay with him.

I got a feeling that this story is about to kick things up a notch. ;)

Bocchi-chan lover
Preamble: Not disagreeing here. Martha definitely has the goods in more ways than one.

But she has some incredibly stiff competition in Princess Iris. If what we've seen pans out, that girl literally committed seppuku so that she can be with the guy she fell in love with. And not in some spiritual, metaphorical way. She and the others were pretty certain that the sword had that resurrection mechanic to it.
Yep, take it easy. I like her chill character. Remember the chapter where MC barging to her room when she is changing clothes, she doesn't blink an eye. I hope she is rewarded in the future (being consort/concubine is given) or I will make MC reincarnate again :chad:

Dex-chan lover
Eh, it's actually in the previous chapter:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/382f9070-f4d1-4879-8395-7f839742b63f/45
Reincarnate the 'good'

He was judged by the sword as 'good' so he got reincarnated.
The villagers eventually learn of this function and, convinced that he definitely got reincarnated, they setup all these things for his eventual return.

Alice stabbed herself to use the reincarnate function and follow him.
well, it's still a bit confusing to me
is that spoiler part written in this chapter? or is it something that you concluded overall

sorry, I have a habit to just skim through all the long texts when reading manga (especially when it is my first time reading the chapter)

so Lyle "used" (wield) the sword to Nosferatu, the sword got Nosferatu's blood, so now Nosferatu is the sword's "user", and no one else can use it, (use=stabbed? or wield? see, this part about user x used is confusing to me)
Nosferatu is good, so Nosferatu is reincarnated

Alice has Nosferatu's blood, so Alice can be a user (wielder?) and use it to herself,
also, the translation that mentioned about "but the latter (reincarnation) effect is already used" made me think that the reincarnation effect is one time use, but turns out it is not, ok then
Alice is good, so she also got reincarnated

do I get that right so far?
so how come Lyle can use (wield) it in the first place?

not really looking for serious answers, just explaining my confusion,
all in all, this is just an isekai story, I'm here for the ride

Dex-chan lover
Well welll well, guess what I was typing in response to the other guy:

If you're the type who thirst enough to drink the spoilers:
It's the symbol of some big merchant company.

Yes it's set up by the people of the village.

Yes it's very much for his eventual return.

And yes they even have a way to confirm identity of those two, so the identity reveal come pretty soon (25)

From ch 26 (latest chapter available on the official site is 27)
Odette "So what's the deal with the stuffs in Iris's dream?"
Yuuki "They're real."
Odette "Eh?"
Yuuki "In my previous life I was the guardian deity of a certain village and her highness Iris was a villager there in her previous life"
"A lot happened and we both reincarnated to this era"
Odette spills tea "Hah?"

And the chapter get even more hilarious from there.
Thanks for the spoilers fam. You're the Hero we need but don't deserve

Dex-chan lover
Oh wait, so Alice stabbed herself to get reincarnated just like the MC since we know that her bloodline isn't immortal. But maybe due to imperfection or maybe to make sure she  will meet him again, rather than reincarnating herself, she transplant her memories into like a collective memories her bloodline can access.

So it's not like Iris is Alice, but Iris(and everyone in her bloodline) possess the memory of Alice.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
well, it's still a bit confusing to me
is that spoiler part written in this chapter? or is it something that you concluded overall

sorry, I have a habit to just skim through all the long texts when reading manga (especially when it is my first time reading the chapter)

so Lyle "used" (wield) the sword to Nosferatu, the sword got Nosferatu's blood, so now Nosferatu is the sword's "user", and no one else can use it, (use=stabbed? or wield? see, this part about user x used is confusing to me)
Nosferatu is good, so Nosferatu is reincarnated

Alice has Nosferatu's blood, so Alice can be a user (wielder?) and use it to herself,
also, the translation that mentioned about "but the latter (reincarnation) effect is already used" made me think that the reincarnation effect is one time use, but turns out it is not, ok then
Alice is good, so she also got reincarnated

do I get that right so far?

not really looking for serious answers, just explaining my confusion,
all in all, this is just an isekai story, I'm here for the ride

In order:

skim through chapter
stop skimming over stuffs then you wouldn't be so confused so easily

user/used
Because of his blood soaking it, nobody except him and Alice can use it.
The reincarnate usage is 'used up' i.e. as it is even if it stab a good person it can't reincarnate them.
It HAD 1 more use after stabbing him, so once Alice used that it's 0.

Because it wasn't soaked with his blood yet.

Dex-chan lover
Well I'm disappointed that she reincarnated.

I prefer the idea that the princess is Alice's descendant, and that Alice still lives after 200 years.

@WhimsiCat do you know why the princess' grandma is eternally young then?

Dex-chan lover

I prefer the idea that the princess is Alice's descendant, and that Alice still lives after 200 years.

It's not explicitly stated yet but from the flashback chapter
My guess is the grandma is Alice's little sister who also suffered from the same disease Alice did, and Alice cured it using the same mystell blood Dean used on her.

EDIT: actually Iris said her grandma was ~50 when she met her so either the sister faked her age (given the eternal youth thing it'd be hard to pinpoint the exact age) or she's just a descendant who happen to inherit mystell blood.

Fed-Kun's army

Little late to the party, but I also preferred that route over the dual reincarnation route.

I don't really understand why the author would first imply that Iris is a descendant of Alice by saying her whole bloodline that's descended from peasants have supernaturally youthful appearances, and then later renege on that by going the reincarnation route. If Alice killed herself only a year after Nosferatu died, she shouldn't have been able to pass on her pseudo Mystil bloodline since Nosferatu only used his blood to heal Alice and no one else.

This series is still a nice read for now, but it's painfully clear when authors don't plan ahead for their own plot and just write as they go along.

Dex-chan lover
Little late to the party, but I also preferred that route over the dual reincarnation route.

I don't really understand why the author would first imply that Iris is a descendant of Alice by saying her whole bloodline that's descended from peasants have supernaturally youthful appearances, and then later renege on that by going the reincarnation route. If Alice killed herself only a year after Nosferatu died, she shouldn't have been able to pass on her pseudo Mystil bloodline since Nosferatu only used his blood to heal Alice and no one else.

This series is still a nice read for now, but it's painfully clear when authors don't plan ahead for their own plot and just write as they go along.
I think its a case the backstory and the events got changed by the author part way in like "wouldnt it be cooler if she was a reincarnated instead of a descendant." Its too weird of a change and like you said doesn't feel planned with no foreshadowing to current events but to her being a descendant.

Dex-chan lover
man, i really wish that alice went berserk and weild the sword to wipe the entire elysium club, but i guess thats not how it goes

Dex-chan lover
Only one small image irked me! There's o way someone can kill themselves like that with such a long sword! Maybe if she puts it against a wall and then fall/push against it! The rest was :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it's a bit confusing since the last chapter just calls them "users". But in this chapter, he also mentions that the sword was "stained by his blood and the blood of someone close to him", which implies that the "usage record" shown last chapter isn't a list of people who wielded the sword, it's a list of people who've used the reincarnation ability of the sword (which means getting stabbed by it).

But I don't know/remember when it was established that the sword itself was the reincarnation mechanism, rather than just something mysterious. Unless the hacking last chapter was supposed to mean "User, Nosferatu, reincarnated (by this sword) 200 years ago" and not "User, Nosferatu (who happens to have reincarnated), 200 years ago".
It was said that the sword destroyed evil souls and reincarnated good ones but beyond that I am also confused.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda wished that Martha would be the reincarnation and Princess was just a red herring.
Would have been much better "fateful reincarnation" than what we got and this time they would stand as (almost) equals instead of deity and child-promised-to-be-his-wife

Dex-chan lover
Maybe Alice got reincarnated too because the MC shared a bit of his blood to her?

Users who are viewing this thread