Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - The Legend of "My Lord's People"

Supporter
Gotta love the faith the people have in him

alice ending herself is a bit weird but they knew she’d reincarnate so it was more like she just moved away to another country. Before the world was as connected as it is today, it wasn’t unusual to never see/hear from someone again when they moved. Heck. I’ve heard of people holding essentially funerals for their loved ones who moved to America in the 1800s because they knew they’d never see them again.

Dex-chan lover

alice ending herself is a bit weird but they knew she’d reincarnate so it was more like she just moved away to another country. Before the world was as connected as it is today, it wasn’t unusual to never see/hear from someone again when they moved. Heck. I’ve heard of people holding essentially funerals for their loved ones who moved to America in the 1800s because they knew they’d never see them again.

He was the closest thing to a living god at the time after all.

He protect the place, teach them knowledge, etc.

In case of Alice he more or less 'blessed' her with how powerful his blood has been shown.
Change him from a vampire theme to more typical god of light theme and he'd probably have a religion dedicated to him with temple in every town already.

Dex-chan lover

As I understand it, the original meaning behind the expression "blood is thicker than water" referred to insurmountable distance. In other words, even if there's an ocean between us, we'll always be family.

Dex-chan lover
As I understand it, the original meaning behind the expression "blood is thicker than water" referred to insurmountable distance. In other words, even if there's an ocean between us, we'll always be family.
that's actually wrong, the full quote is "the blood of the covenant, is thicker than the water of the womb"
essentially meaning the bonds you forge are more important than family ties

Dex-chan lover
that's actually wrong, the full quote is "the blood of the covenant, is thicker than the water of the womb"
essentially meaning the bonds you forge are more important than family ties
I've seen this repeated plenty of times but I've never seen a source to back it up. If someone has a decent source or study on this, please reply to me.

Dex-chan lover
Dude... I can't imagine what it would be like for the parents...

Even if you did know the powers of the Holy Sword, you essentially had to watch your daughter kill herself and pray that the reincarnation was real.

Not to mention you'd never see her again... I don't know, I can't think of any parent that would allow that.

Dex-chan lover
I've seen this repeated plenty of times but I've never seen a source to back it up. If someone has a decent source or study on this, please reply to me.
In fact I've heard that the supposed 'original' one was modified later, so we've gone full circle

Dex-chan lover
Mmmm, still not huge on that. She still has the mentality of a child and he has the life experience of hundreds of years
They actually do a pretty good job confronting that in the next chapter.

Basically she asks to marry him, and he says yes, but in a really flippant and unromantic way. When she calls him out on it, he reminds her that he changed her diapers, and the diapers of several generations of her family. It's not a simple thing to just fall in love with someone who's descended from someone you raised like a son.

And she agrees that makes sense, and a relationship between an immortal and a teenage girl is going to require some work. At least they're together again, and she can get cracking on actually winning him over.

TLDR; he agrees to marry her out of respect for her efforts, but tells her to her face that he's not in love with her yet since she's still a kid, and she accepts that.

Users who are viewing this thread