Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - The Legend of "My Lord's People"

Dex-chan lover
They actually do a pretty good job confronting that in the next chapter.

Basically she asks to marry him, and he says yes, but in a really flippant and unromantic way. When she calls him out on it, he reminds her that he changed her diapers, and the diapers of several generations of her family. It's not a simple thing to just fall in love with someone who's descended from someone you raised like a son.

And she agrees that makes sense, and a relationship between an immortal and a teenage girl is going to require some work. At least they're together again, and she can get cracking on actually winning him over.

TLDR; he agrees to marry her out of respect for her efforts, but tells her to her face that he's not in love with her yet since she's still a kid, and she accepts that.
So, how more series should handle the loli situation. (I wouldn't mind anyway)

Dex-chan lover
Dude... I can't imagine what it would be like for the parents...

Even if you did know the powers of the Holy Sword, you essentially had to watch your daughter kill herself and pray that the reincarnation was real.

Not to mention you'd never see her again... I don't know, I can't think of any parent that would allow that.
man, this is just a manga, a fantasy, they know the reincarnation will work, so they decided to fulfill their daughter wish

I've seen this repeated plenty of times but I've never seen a source to back it up. If someone has a decent source or study on this, please reply to me.
It basically came out of nowhere and likely is incorrect. But supposedly an arabic saying is 'blood is thicker than milk' and thus DOES kinda have that meaning.

Reactions: le3
Group Leader
Dude... I can't imagine what it would be like for the parents...

Even if you did know the powers of the Holy Sword, you essentially had to watch your daughter kill herself and pray that the reincarnation was real.

Not to mention you'd never see her again... I don't know, I can't think of any parent that would allow that.
The entire event didn't only break Alice, but also Lyle and Remilia. Lyle regretted being the one who killed the lord that he revered so much. Remilia was hell-bent destroying a whole religion, which means that she would be out massacring people.

Alice saw it as her purpose in life to be with Nosferatu, and I don't think her parents had any choice but to acknowledge her decision. It was also for their peace of mind that the lord would reincarnate together with their daughter in the future.

Group Leader
bruh shes like 10 and hes like 90000000
Age doesn't mean much when you're immortal. Also, the girl is already 15 which is a marriageable age in a medieval setting. Considering there are pandemic, famine, monsters, and murderous fanatics out there, having to wait until everyone is 20 before making children would make humans go extinct.

Dex-chan lover
Ca5Zzf6VIAAI975.jpg

Dex-chan lover
that's actually wrong, the full quote is "the blood of the covenant, is thicker than the water of the womb"
essentially meaning the bonds you forge are more important than family ties
I'm talking about the original quote, which is centuries old. The "full quote" you mentioned didn't exist before 1994. The claim that the longer version came first is interesting, plausible, and completely made up, like the claim that the average person swallows eight spiders per year in their sleep.

Dex-chan lover
that's actually wrong, the full quote is "the blood of the covenant, is thicker than the water of the womb"
If people misquote something, how many years does it need to happen until the misquote is accepted as it's own thing?

-beam me up Scotty.

Double-page supporter
Nope; that’s a made-up version of the phrase by some right-wing religious loony in the US in the 1960s. (I forget the name, but it’s pretty well documented.) The phrase the normal way around goes back centuries.

Dex-chan lover
As I understand it, the original meaning behind the expression "blood is thicker than water" referred to insurmountable distance. In other words, even if there's an ocean between us, we'll always be family.
I just recently learned that the "Blood is thicker than water" was a misquote.

The full quote is “The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.” The saying means that chosen bonds are more significant than the bonds with family or “water of the womb.” More directly, it means that relationships you make yourself are far more important than the ones that you don't choose.

Which means that the misquote version meant the opposite of what the actual quote was saying.

Users who are viewing this thread