Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - The Legend of "My Lord's People"

Double-page supporter
I just recently learned that the "Blood is thicker than water" was a misquote.

The full quote is “The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.” The saying means that chosen bonds are more significant than the bonds with family or “water of the womb.” More directly, it means that relationships you make yourself are far more important than the ones that you don't choose.

Which means that the misquote version meant the opposite of what the actual quote was saying.
As I just posted: nope, you’re wrong there. The “covenant“ version was made up by a right-wing religious loony in the US just a few decades ago, whereas the other version is much older. But a lot of not-very-well-informed Christians keep claiming the other way around because they want it to be religious so badly.

I like that the series didn't drag the entire story making them look for each other not having realize that the person they are looking for is right next to them, other series would milk that for plot for 100+ chapters
100%

seeing too many manga with that "milk" plot. glad this one is not one of them

Dex-chan lover
Good on the author for resolving the standard, potentially 5 arcs of near-miss trope bullshit, in just one arc!

Seriously, you have to admit, this is the STANDARD time-wasting trope for this type of manga. It's guaranteed to lengthen your manga by at least 30 chapters. Yet, the author PASSED on all that potential money to bring us a story that skips the stupidity of "one miscommunication leads to endless near misses and time wasting anti-plot" and shows what MOST normal humans would do: mention it out of hand to someone and get to the bottom of this BS, like, right away.

It's enough for me to pledge that I will buy his books if they become available in English. For reals. Let's do this.

spongebob-squidward.gif

Dex-chan lover
As I just posted: nope, you’re wrong there. The “covenant“ version was made up by a right-wing religious loony in the US just a few decades ago, whereas the other version is much older. But a lot of not-very-well-informed Christians keep claiming the other way around because they want it to be religious so badly.
You are right. Thank you for correcting me.

Dex-chan lover
I just recently learned that the "Blood is thicker than water" was a misquote.

The full quote is “The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.” The saying means that chosen bonds are more significant than the bonds with family or “water of the womb.” More directly, it means that relationships you make yourself are far more important than the ones that you don't choose.

Which means that the misquote version meant the opposite of what the actual quote was saying.
Again, that's incorrect. The shorter quote is the original, and is centuries old. The "full quote" you mentioned came much later. The claim that the longer version came first is interesting, plausible, and completely made up, like the claim that the average person swallows eight spiders per year in their sleep.

Dex-chan lover
I'm talking about the original quote, which is centuries old. The "full quote" you mentioned didn't exist before 1994. The claim that the longer version came first is interesting, plausible, and completely made up, like the claim that the average person swallows eight spiders per year in their sleep.
the quote I mentioned is from 1815

Dex-chan lover
wait, what the heck happen to the disease that claim to be the cause by the demon lord = MC??? Princess grandmom too?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
wait, what the heck happen to the disease that claim to be the cause by the demon lord = MC??? Princess grandmom too?

I mean, a temple that uses obviously nasty magic and magic items.

A disease only they can cure, according to them.

Blaming the disease on the one guy who was definitely able to cure it.

And it appears to have gone away after the Elysium Temple done got massacred and their name erased.

The pieces are all there.

Dex-chan lover
Lowkey creepy
How? They are bothe Reincarnated ift it would be Her and his old Live jeah that would be creepy.
but this isnt a problem for me. For me yes his memories are there but he did Start his life new so him getting together with somone who also reincarnetet is fine. Its this Stupid Moshuku tensei debat all over again-.-
Also who would fid a godlike beeing as Partner, that just unfair-.-
I just found this chapter realy wholsome and sweat with a drop of bitternes.

Reactions: FVO
Dex-chan lover
How? They are bothe Reincarnated ift it would be Her and his old Live jeah that would be creepy.
but this isnt a problem for me. For me yes his memories are there but he did Start his life new so him getting together with somone who also reincarnetet is fine. Its this Stupid Moshuku tensei debat all over again-.-
Also who would fid a godlike beeing as Partner, that just unfair-.-
I just found this chapter realy wholsome and sweat with a drop of bitternes.
Well, the guy is hundreds of years old, and helped raise her, her parents, and probably even her grandparents.

Not to mention the girl wanted to marry him since she was in her single digits, and has not really reached mental maturity/adulthood in any of her lives.

Also, she's not really the same person since all she got from her past were memories. She didn't wake up in a new body. The new her was living her own life, until she suddenly started getting memories and emotions from some random person. Basically, she didn't transfer data into a blank USB, she copy pasted data into a used USB

This whole marriage thing could've waited till the were both adults in this life at the very least.

And bro doesn't even want to marry her right now, he's just going along with it

Dex-chan lover
Mmmm, still not huge on that. She still has the mentality of a child and he has the life experience of hundreds of years
I find it has a bit of Romeo and Juliet vibes. It's like a child's crush. It's nowhere as deep as the connection between MC and Martha, regardless of the true nature of that relationship, and she's also still a child.

Not that it can't work or anything, but there's more romance than substance.

Users who are viewing this thread