Henkyou no Roukishi - Bard Loen - Ch. 68 - Brother and Sister

Dex-chan lover
I think it is kind of obvious that Doriatessa wasn't afraid of any ambushes, or attacks on the road back, but more likely just wished to spend that much more time traveling with her companions. And I mean, who could blame her? They were only together for a relatively short time, but that time was immensely well spent.
At this point Bard has an adopted Nephew, an adopted son, and a daughter and even a grand kid. They are like a big, wholesome, absolutely fucking deadly holy shit please don't ever try to fight them because they can each flatten you in a dozen ways straight, happy family.

Supporter
Ask for the princesses hand in marriage for winning the competition!

If your married to a princess I bet a lot of the rules are moved around. :D

Dex-chan lover
Ask for the princesses hand in marriage for winning the competition!

If your married to a princess I bet a lot of the rules are moved around. :D
The youngest princess Doruatessa serves already had chosen her husband.
That's the primary source of conflict from the other princess.

More likely Doriatessa is either seeking freedom or being able to be a lord without needing a husband.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks as always Cuddlebuns. Afrabaan seems like a very caring brother but also a decent guy, so thats good.

I thought I read sonewhere earlier that Doriatessa would end up being something of a romance for Bard, but maybe I misremembered the comment, I cant find it. Ah, well...it woulda been an age gap romance but not that much of one as Doriatessa isnt a teenager iirc but an adult woman, and I woulda liked Bard to have someone in his heart after Aidra. But like I said, ah well.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the chapters!

Art is too good. The artist knows how to draw but also does not rely on halftones. New mangakas use halftones for everything. Hair, clothes, clouds, shadows etc. A single panel sometimes have 7 different halftones and this makes it an eyesore but while reading Bard Loen, you will see just 2-3 different halftones in a panel and they won't be close to each other.

Dex-chan lover
OH NO... he is a himbo.

Only by the power of himbo can someone be so competent and airheaded at the same time, truly a scary opponent.

Hmmm... by Dora's face there is more to it, but... I think it may be that it is because it is family, i said that she was loved and respected by her family, but that doesn't mean there won't be friction, and her brother clearly is the gung-ho type that normally doesn't back away.

Dex-chan lover
Or maybe wants to keep serving as the princess' loyal knight
That one's less likely imo. The whole urgency of her qualifying for the tourney was to offer a "victory" for her princess. Because despite being a lady knight/knightess, she's not allowed to be in combat.

When she tells her story to Bard and co, she's more stuck on having never actually fought despite being her lady's knight. Her being dismissed is because the princess's husband will then be more or less her knight and protector.

Dex-chan lover
The brother sort of looks like Bard when he was young , bet hes a beast in fighting as well.
Now that we know he is a doting brother i wonder if the pressure for Dory to get married come from the brother or the father…it seems that the brother wants the beast hide for more than just a trophy , maybe to help his sister’s position in the house perhaps ?

Users who are viewing this thread