Henkyou no Roukishi: Bard Loen - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Three-Hued Raisins

Dex-chan lover
This manga is awesome, but in a place of a fantasy place to go in a isekai is the worst place in a multiverse

Group Leader
They died a hero.

But still, I think there are still many ways to make use of that lethal poison. Well, their longing to meet their parent must be heavier than the anchor to keep them living in that world.

A bit melodramatic no? I guess we can assume getting that poison was no easy task. Still if it was that lethal they could probably just splash them with it by throwing a flask or hell a bucket. They were good with slings, those would work too. I don't know fill a tiny gourd and chuck it at them?

The most disappointing part though is we have no explanation where this indomitable will came from, or even a remark on what they could have been.
the two guards are skilled, if not that then at killing. So the nonstandard approach the three used showed to be very effective. I don't yeeting throwables of the poison could have wiped the lord and his guards all at once from the earth. Maybe 2 of the 3 douchebags dead but for guaranteed 3 /3 kills, having poison on neck pelt, knives, and other fallback areas had more of a likelihood to work it seemed.

alot to read, no need to if no want
(the bag on neck seemed ridiculous but genious too b/c it made the guard assume they dumb and underestimate poison contents rather than water whereas with flask throwing liquid color can be discerned and as ragged as they look kind of sterotypical for poison flash throwing or at least with my imagination, I think of it as being predictable or at least enough palpable in the heat of the moment to assume a non-lethal to hold some content of danger if the physical ability of a malnourished / edge of dying ppl rushed them proclaiming lineage to Enba)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bro, the trio appeared in just a few panels but I kind of hoped they lived

Dex-chan lover
I can't even begin to fathom Enba as a person anymore. What kind of man would he be, that his children would do that to themselves? were they inspired? were they obsessed? were they a product of intense training? So many layers of mystery, ripe for the unraveling.

Dex-chan lover
The narration mention that aiming for the throat is a sadistic thing to do because the targets don't die instantly, but in contrast to what technique exactly? I've heard even decapitation isn't an instant kill, and it requires a lot more wind up and power to have chop it off in one go, along with more combat skill and experience to make sure you have the room to actually do that move.

In comparison, a small stab or slash to the throat seems a lot quicker and more efficient to me.

Users who are viewing this thread