Henkyou no Roukishi: Bard Loen - Vol. 9 Ch. 54 - An Old Name

Dex-chan lover
Hands down, the best chapter in the comic. Great dialog that meant something. At the start of the oath, I just kept thinking of the great oath scene at the start of Ogre Battle 64 (wouldn't doubt if others in the game series have something like it, but it was my first experience with the series), and just got better.

I'm more stunned by the dialog than anything else. It shows that the writer (and the translators) are at the top of skill. Inspired. I love how this series has fewer words than others and each word carries greater meaning. I'm thinking that is the sole reason we've been getting these great batch releases.

Thank you for your work.
Kinda random but speaking of Ogre Battle 64, have you checked out Unicorn Overlord? I'm a HUUUUUGE old school OB fan and it's always nice to see another one, and now I always recommend UO for those of us who need more games like it.

Dex-chan lover
The sister is dead and he is lying to Bard about it I bet. Most likely due to the "Brothel" work she was sold into and he didn't make it in time.

It is more believable than the coincidence about someone buying her tbh...
That's probably why he emphatized so well with the deprived. The ever lost everything and to be forced to live of not his own life. He understood it so well he ended up going wild killing every bandit in that big house, while didn't care if he could die in the process.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda random but speaking of Ogre Battle 64, have you checked out Unicorn Overlord? I'm a HUUUUUGE old school OB fan and it's always nice to see another one, and now I always recommend UO for those of us who need more games like it.
I haven't. I'm a big fan of the company since the game Odin Sphere (I'll take my PS2 copy to the grave), so it is certainly on my games of interest list.

Currently trying to not get anything else till I've had my fill of Dragon's Dogma 2.

This is the kind of chapter that shows me the importance of excellent translators. A sloppy translation would have cost us so much of the emotional impact, but here we are, with excellent work from both the creator and the scanlators. Thank you for your hard work!

Dex-chan lover
That oath into adoption was so damn cool, the lore of it was masterfully crafted Kashz himself pledging upon a virtue that not even Loen knew was the cherry on top

Also please adopt Julchugy too :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the mass tl.

I didn't expect that as a method to give kanz something to live for but it certainly seems solid enough to support him and his pain. Hopefully still means he can greet and be close to his sister in the future, even with a different manner of address and more ties than before.

The political machinations of nobles and royals though as always is terrifying in the domino effect it can have across the innocent and vulnerable. Part of me hopes this journey will be paving the way for ms lady knight to get justice and restitution for these villages that very nearly were completely wiped out.

At the very least, it'd help facilitate her friend and liege have the opportunity to do so. Especially with how frankly, evil, her sister's maternal family have been to her and the surrounding civilians.

Dex-chan lover
"To the deprived" HOWLLLLLS

MAN. MAAAAAAN. Giving him a name... giving him a LEGACY. Letting him draw a line between who he was before, and who he will be now! The hesitation as he finds the answer in himself...

And Bard... bard doing all this... because this is what he can do with this boys chosen loyalty. Taking being chosen by the heavens and choosing him, back.... Live your life to the fullest. The expression on his face when he says he's a knight.

A bird takes flight....

Users who are viewing this thread