Henkyou no Roukishi - Bard Loen - Vol. 9 Ch. 54 - An Old Name

Aggregator gang
Do love the way the Oaths work with each god, virtue and to whom they pledge representing a specific thing that fits them the most and that they will dedicate their life to it.

For Ven/Kahz he picked the Deprived People, due to his sister, who i assume was sold off into prostitution and died.

His Virtue of Ignorance being just him acting when he thinks its right, even if it causes problems, which fits the way he acted with the Bandits.

His God being the one of forgetfulness probably hints at the future, when he might forget his oath and falls back into depravity.

Dex-chan lover
Do love the way the Oaths work with each god, virtue and to whom they pledge representing a specific thing that fits them the most and that they will dedicate their life to it.

For Ven/Kahz he picked the Deprived People, due to his sister, who i assume was sold off into prostitution and died.

His Virtue of Ignorance being just him acting when he thinks its right, even if it causes problems, which fits the way he acted with the Bandits.

His God being the one of forgetfulness probably hints at the future, when he might forget his oath and falls back into depravity.
Alternatively, the aspect of forgetfulness may be symbolic of him casting off his life as Ven Uril, with him "forgetting" to a degree that part of his life and facing the future with more grace(? I really don't know how to describe what I'm thinking about)

And of course, both could be true. God this chapter was cool

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, a new virtue just dropped and I am hype! Also thanks for the continued TL, I feel like this series might go under the radar a bit.

Dex-chan lover
Hands down, the best chapter in the comic. Great dialog that meant something. At the start of the oath, I just kept thinking of the great oath scene at the start of Ogre Battle 64 (wouldn't doubt if others in the game series have something like it, but it was my first experience with the series), and just got better.
Oh hells yeah! It was the first thing that came to my mind, too. Magnus was a man amongst men, goddammit.

Dex-chan lover
this manga just keeps getting better and better, absolutely beautiful chapter
julchaga 🤣

thanks for tl!!!!!

Double-page supporter
What a chapter!
Bard just changed that man's life by giving him a new name and duty to live for - i really love this kind of MC!
Welcome to the world, Kahz!

Users who are viewing this thread