Henshin Ganbo - Oneshot

While I was reading I was convinced that she didn't even got the letter in the first place, but there are no implication of that so I guess I was wrong, I just still feel like she didn't get it.

Aggregator gang
Lol, "I think I just lost a friend." was a really good line. That got to me.

It’s a nice story, but it’s also kind of weird “revenge” from the beginning. Like, the girl barely knew you, if at all, and wasn’t interested. She does not have the obligation to reject him in person, especially when he didn’t confess in person. At least her friend was willing to send a message instead of throwing the letter away.

It made a whole lot more sense in the end, considering it was that friend who overly berated him over the rejection. So the person he wanted revenge on was that same girl who said all those insults to him, rather than the girl that mildly rejected him. Kinda saves his character, because wanting revenge on a girl for such a small reason is extremely petty (actually seeing him succeed was irritating until he revealed his real reason).

Dex-chan lover
@VentusAlpha But here is the thing, guys who confess or "fall" for girls they barely know aren't that rare.

Second, many of those guys who confess or want the girl don't actually try to better themselves before (or after) they get the crush...

Why would he need to be negative or tragic? He's just an ordinary dude that wanted to go out with a super hot popular girl who had no reason to like him...

He, like most people, doesn't try to be a better person, instead just going with the flow (doesn't mean he doesn't put effort or energy into anything, just that he doesn't try to make himself more appealing).

That's the very point of his character. Adding tragedy would probably be worse if you think about it; because it'd make him pitiable rather than just wrong. He wasn't meant to be the one who was wronged or felt sorry for. You were supposed to watch as he became someone better.

It shows well how, often enough, people just don't put enough effort into being better. Think about all those wasted gym memberships...

@RunaVolkov Well, I don't think the "revenge" was meant to be real revenge, think more "I'm going to be a better person that's good enough for you" kinda thing... it's a more positive connotation.

Now, this is the kind of romance I enjoy! Two, polarizing characters of different spectrums, appearances, and contrasting personalities getting together. I would love to see a lengthy series with characters like this.

Users who are viewing this thread