Joou Heika no Isekai Strategy - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Meat and Dress

Hey Orange, thank you for translating. Good luck with the irl situation and also take your time.

No problem with the logo. Best of luck for your situation and thank you for the translation.

It makes me really sad how low the image quality on this is. By not compressing as heavily and upscaling the raws with waifu2x the result is a lot better:

Mu8K72U.jpeg

Bonus: HQ page 1:
54Auav0.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation Casteryvan, I'm genuinely interested to see how this series progresses.

As to your request for pointing out mistakes, the accuracy seems good throughout. I have a couple of suggestions regarding the language feeling "natural." Even if it's grammatically correct there are a few places where the words might flow better. Just a disclaimer, I have absolutely ZERO knowledge of Japanese, so all of these suggestions are coming purely from my knowledge of English. I have no idea how these suggestions compare with the Japanese in the raws.

On page 1, the third panel, she says "I need to verify later on how far an advanced physical manipulation of the body is possible."
It might read better as "I need to verify later just how far advanced physical manipulation of the body is possible."
It sounds like she wants to test the limits of the slave trader's movements to see what he can and can't do.

On the panels just below it on the bottom right, she says "Our destination is.." --> "...there it is."
To make the two speech bubbles form a single cohesive sentence, you could change it to "Our destination is..." --> "...there."

On page 7, she says "Sorry for putting up with me until our next destination, bodyguard-kun!"
The meaning gets across, but it might be more natural to phrase it as "Sorry that you have to put up with me until our next destination, bodyguard-kun!"

On page 13, she says "What kind of victory is that victory that you're hoping for?"
Again, the meaning gets across, but it could be phrased "What kind of victory is it that you're hoping for?"

Finally, on page 14 in the first panel, she says "If I betrayed their expectations, perhaps I'll be devoured as meat, right?"
This might contain the only true grammar error in the whole thing and it's a minor one.
Instead of "I'll be devoured" it should be "I'd be devoured."
She's talking about a possibility in the subjunctive mood (I would --> I'd) rather than something that will definitely happen (I will --> I'll).
I've seen this same specific error in MANY translations on mangadex, so I think it's a disconnect between the structures of Japanese and English.

These are all minor nitpicks. Your translation is far, far better than many others I've seen on this site and you shouldn't feel pressured to get these translations out faster. Life comes first.

Well u already did that rapid fire chapters so a little slow translation is no biggie

Kinda down there's only 20- pagers per chapter. It's just so good
Thank you for the translations

Surely they'd notice his glazed and empty expression right? Or does the slave trader normally look that dazed when interacting with others?

Double-page supporter
@nohabody I mean, as a slave trader maybe the clothing clerk(who knows he's a slave trader) assumes he managed to buy a drug and is just high off his ass. As for the meat merchant, maybe it's the first time encountering him and thus is just trying not to judge. If the customer has coin then who is he to argue about how someone looks? At the very least, the meat merchant did get a little freaked out at the end, but that was because of how aggressive the enslaved slave trader was acting.

As for everyone else, most people are just minding their business and don't take notice. Guards might, but so long as the person in question isn't acting in an aggressive matter then they likely don't care. Rather someone docile and spaced out over someone aggressive and twitchy.

@orangescans if you only add information about you to the first page without translating it wouldn't it be easy for someone else to just replace it with a raw page? btw great work with backgrounds of the text without speech bubbles like on page 12, I've no idea how you do it.

Users who are viewing this thread