Her Majesty's Swarm - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Tragedy

Fed-Kun's army
@LoliPassingBy I will say this now..... This is a super "tragedy" tag manga... Capital T on the tragedy. You could pretty much say that
anyone the MC gets close to will die, whether they are human or a
a part of the swarm.

Dex-chan lover
@Wyrm

It's coming, directly after the elf village attack in fact.

It's basically the casus belli to destroy the kingdom. She's so incensed by the massacre of women and children...she proceededs to massacre women and children. There's some edgy atheist shit as well that came off as childish.

There's a scene later on where we're introduced to a single mother and her children, only to get another scene later where they are fairly brutally torn apart in a basement by a swarm, all while the MC watches from the hive mind. Then we get half a page or so of her justifying it to herself and it was...tough to get through. Doesn't help that the Hero swarm chick becomes a massive enabler. All of which could be interesting, but the writing doesn't make it so.

Isekai apocalypse mynoghra is the better version of this story, all the way down to the moral ambiguity, kingdom building, even RTS elements.

Still, I am a sucker for an edge queen, and the story never dips too far in quality so if you hang in there, you'll get some intrigue.

Dex-chan lover
Why'd did it have to stop now?!
That angel goes down faster than when Ainz used Black Hole on the Dominion Authority

Supporter
@vannn
Isekai apocalypse mynoghra is the better version of this story, all the way down to the moral ambiguity, kingdom building, even RTS elements.

Still, I am a sucker for an edge queen, and the story never dips too far in quality so if you hang in there, you'll get some intrigue.
That's basically the reason I'm reading this instead of Isekai Apocalypse, the female protagonist that isn't a damsel in distress. So rare in the industry.

Dex-chan lover
@TrapCard113

She is technically the weakest, with child like levels of strength for the world, and must be protected at all times. Though the strongest character so far (Sérignan) is also a woman and her subordinate, so I guess it's a wash.

Sérignan fights are the highlights of the story I feel. She dispatches the angels pretty easily, and there's actually a reason why instead her being OP, being that her personal lore in the game give her the ability to kill the otherwise immortal angels. Which was an interesting turn.

I think you'd might like Atu in isekai apocalypse. she's powerful and so far has only been saving the MC. And there's another woman hero unit coming up in the manga soon-ish that I like. Without spoiling anything, there's a lot a powerful women in their world individually and as leaders. (and no harem so far in the raw wn).

Supporter
@vannn If that female character was the protagonist, sure. I'm tired of reading isekai stories with male protagonists because every author seems to be stuck with the same 3-4 templates and they all blend together.

Aggregator gang
@TrapCard113 mate, I don't know what you are talking about Mynoghra. The main female character is the strongest unit the protagonist have and is pratically the second protagonist on it's own. If anything the dansel in distress is a certain male paladin that bit more than he could shew in the last English chapter

Dex-chan lover
@Vannn is the other hero unit you mention also part of the Swarm faction?
Thank you for the chapter.
Wait so these guys aren't from the kingdom to the west? I thought that was the defacto holy nation on this continent was the eastern most one.

Users who are viewing this thread