Her Mountain, Her Ocean - Vol. 1 Ch. 12 - An orange from her

Contributor
I dont know but this scene kinda felt less impactful then it did in the novel. Dont get me wrong, it was pretty faithful but just felt lessened somehow.

Dex-chan lover
I dont know but this scene kinda felt less impactful then it did in the novel. Dont get me wrong, it was pretty faithful but just felt lessened somehow.
maybe you already read it so you already got spoiled what happen.
as well as this happen very fast, maybe the artist also uncomfortable drawing it. the facial reaction in this chapter also very weak, especial the father. He doesnt look that scum, if you hide all the text this probably don't even look that dramatic

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He doesnt look that scum.
Nah he says that "Who will pay for my lottery tickets?"
U can already tell that he is a very abusive father
He is type of a father who will beat his kids when he lose lottery to relieve their rage and frustration
Heck if he got more to the down might gonna sell his daughter to cover his debts and loses

Dex-chan lover
Nah he says that "Who will pay for my lottery tickets?"
U can already tell that he is a very abusive father
He is type of a father who will beat his kids when he lose lottery to relieve their rage and frustration
Heck if he got more to the down might gonna sell his daughter to cover his debts and loses
no, i just mean the visual, how the art is draw. That why i say if you hide the text, which mean without the context.

Dex-chan lover
Whew that for dramatic again very quickly.
The dad really needs to get the "drunk truck driver" treatment.
Alas, if it helps our two MCs getting more fluff... I'll tolerate the dad's existence.
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
yeah! how dare you study behind everyone's backs! :question:

we went 0 - 100 real quick

Dex-chan lover
It's really interesting how visual mediums have the potential to convey scenes in ways that writing can't, but it's always disappointing when they don't use that potential and end up taking away the impact of the original instead of enhancing it through its own medium. I hear you

Users who are viewing this thread