Here U Are - Vol. 1 Ch. 120

It’s chapters like this one that really make you step back and think about how far Qiu has come. He still has emotional outbursts but has definitely matured in the sense that he can look at himself as someone who can/wants change for the better. Like @miercoles said, uncle Pan just seems to be far off in another world. His past experiences (and clearly traumas since he’s so walled off and averse to real emotional connection) make it easy for him to recognize what Qiu is going through and brush it off since it’s nothing new to him... and let’s be real, why would uncle Pan seriously enter into a relationship with someone 18 years younger than him when he knows what it’s like to be young, and probably what it feels like to be left in the dust by someone who was keeping their options open. Uncle Pan and Qiu are just in different stages of their lives. I hate to call them incompatible because they can definitely learn a thing or two from each other but... I have no idea how they can patch it up successfully. Boo 😞

Ugh uncle Pan 😑 I never thought I'd be disgusted by him while feeling sorry for Qiu.
Sure it was a character development for Qiu's cute fuccboi head, but the way Pan played with his feelings is the most fucked up thing, that's the kind of power imbalance that makes people against relationships with large age gaps.

Hmm I agree with Pan's reasoning. But I wish Pan had clearly explained his thinking to Qiu at the beginning before leading him on and giving him false hope. Qiu has always been taken advantage of in his relationships, and similarly here their relationship was too one-sided. I hope Qiu learns that he deserves better. He deserves someone who is honest and authentic with him from the very start.

I think qiu actually needed this to mature a bit more. I dont see their relationship going anywhere after this and honestly i dont want it to. Qiu needed a lesson and now i hope he finds someone he feels authentic with, just as he did with uncle pan

Awwwwuuuhhhh! I never really cared about Qiu (although I always liked Pan) but now I'm INVESTED!

Qiu and Pan... hmm, I think what they both need to learn from one another because honestly, they have both suffered from past relationships... and I can tell that they enjoyed each other's time... I've seen relationships with bigger age gaps work so, it's all about how they approach this issue together if anything. Here's to these two working it out.

Oh and Uncle Pan felt like hot shit after he saw Qiu's face, I think that might put some kind of sense and enlightenment into his head and hopefully his heart. They are a good pair no matter what anyone says, I wish them both luck with finding real love whether together or apart.

well;;;;;; this conflict needed to happen so they can actually start fully understanding each other. pan has a very VERY valid point about their age gap, and how it's a huge factor in their relationship. however, it IS still possible to work out a healthy, mutually loving dynamic. just like most relationships, it takes a lot of communication, personal growth and willingness to understand the other.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I my favorite pair is uncle pan and qiu ;-; so I hope they'll end up together

Honestly, I can't ship a relationship with such a large age gap. He is DOUBLE his age. If they were both adults, an 18 year age gap would be tolerable, but Qiu is still a kid. He has only just become a legal adult and he's still considered a teenager. Not only that, but there is a clear power imbalance. Uncle constantly dismisses Qiu's feelings because he is younger and acts as if he is above him due to his age and experience. You can't expect Qiu to change and become more mature when he is only acting his age. Uncle Pan is the one who needs to grow up and stay away from children.

Also, even WITHOUT the age gap and the power imbalance, they just don't seem compatible. I really don't want them to be together, but I'm scared they will be. :/

damn im 18 and feel for the dude.. if uncle is almost 40 he should know better. but that means he was born when uncle was 18... thats quite shocking

I'm glad that Pan was truthful, but he really hurted Qiu... Tbh, I understand yal's points of view, but I still think that in the future, when Qiu matures a little bit more, they can work it out.. Even if it's a huge gap, they'll both be complete adults, things will be even more clear

Users who are viewing this thread