Here U Are - Vol. 1 Ch. 127

Ah the hug is cute, but I can't stand unrequited love. It hurts me in the Kokoro ;-;
Its even worse when the object of affection has no idea but clearly has no intent and their actions get your hopes up. Too specific?

Excuse me but the sudden gay grip had me wheezing.
Apart from that single moment and the hug in the end the chapter is quite dark and heavy. I’m constantly amazed by how easy the author sets the mood she wants us to feel with colors, phrases, even the weather in this particular case. I never want this story to end, ah
Thank you very much for the translation ✨

As I re-read and think more about Huan Wen's story, the more it's really grown on me. He's very lost and conflicted, and it's not clear to him what the right path is. As an introspective and inward-turning person who has held himself aloof or at a distance even from his friends, it's especially hard to express and open up. On paper it might seem cliche, but the way it's portrayed feels very real.
Compared to the vibrant university environment at beginning of the story, the arcs have steadily shifted to a slightly more "adult" tone. Or put another way, the tone since the uncle Pan arc particularly feels more "lonely", that doesn't have an absolute guarantee of an ideal "happy ending" like with Yu Yang and Li Huan. Sometimes, like Pan and Huan Wen, we are faced with the possibility that the loneliness will last a long time, living day to day as adults. It's hard to describe exactly, but that subtle transition is really well done.

Aggregator gang
i really love and appreciate insightful comments like below me but i’m not that kind of person personally so IM SHITTINGGGGG 😭

The last panel kinda give me a bittersweet feeling. Idk how to describe it well. I think it's heartwarming and painful at the same time. The way the pink haired guy (I forget his name 😭) comforts Huan Wen is really gentle. We know that he really treasures him, but we still don't know what kinda feelings he has for him (platonic or romantic). Aahh I really want them to end up together.

Dex-chan lover
There is a tiny part of me that wants twinky pink boy to be straight.
As lovely as all the happy and/or functional gayness is, but the percentage of unexpected gayness is slightly high, which is common in BL.

To be honest it’s not unrealistic. When I was going to come out I wasn’t worried about acceptance, as I didn’t have many cishet friends. Birds of a feather and all.

It’s just a bit tropey.

oh shit shit! whats going to happen if his grandpa in his near death says " see i am so sick i could easily die tomorrow so i need to see you get married and i want grand kids"?? nooooooo i cant see huanwen to do it to make his grandpa happy. that would be so horrible...... i know its awful to say this but if the grandpa died then he would atleast get to love who he wants to. i mean i want everything to workout and all but thats just me being optimistic . wouldnt it be great if grandpa somewhow understood and was happy with whoever his grandson loved but i dont think that will happen..

Noooooooo 😭😭 don’t go that way with the grampaaa
Goddamn Huan Wen’s story is just heartbreak after heartbreak, please let him be happy for once 😢

Users who are viewing this thread