Heresy - Ch. 69 - Bonfire

Dex-chan lover
Is there an actual taijitu in the middle of the continent, or is that just symbolic on that map?

@Doomroar The land, the waters and the sky (mountains) all seem to have their midpoint on that spot, and as the halves seem just a bit perfect for it to be real, it´s a map after all, so it´s probably just embellishment. Though I´m just a random nobody with no real understanding of these ideas so @dasheek´s idea is probably more in the right direction...

Thanks for the chapter. Cant wait for moreeee, This is by far, one of the best manhua I have ever read.

Dex-chan lover
She Zhou is the embodiment of "the short end of the stick", the place has a literal border with the wilderness and is tiny and with bad ground, i doubt even those spiritual herbs would prove enough to put them on the top of the chart.

This chapter was good, i dont mind exposition when well done and this was one of those, getting to know a little of the country that doesn't involve cultivation is nice to see how the world works.

I can't help but imagine that if when the author made this series he resolved that all his "world" is only what we see on this map or if he sees other places in the world but his focus is entirely in this corner. I always see this kind of map in book and comics and it always gives me a bad feeling like "is this it? is this all the world?", oh well is just me being annoying anyway.

Thanks as always for doing this series.

Errr, was the Sister's eye patch forgotten about in the last few pages of the chapter?...

Interesting to know more about what's going on is the world.

Interesting world development. So far no violence but in a cultivator story that is not too many chapters behind.

Dex-chan lover
@alacaelum nope, not just you, i always have problem with it too. like they portray ancient conflict involve all humanity but somehow the map/continent is only so small. for example its like the (size of) mainland china is all there is to it to the world. not exclusive to manhua tho, this problem often happen in manga, altho u can excuse it since they live in a really big island separated from the rest of the world

Fed-Kun's army
lol did he forget the eypatch entirely or mess up the side in the last few panels?

Nice chapter, even though they only talk there was still tension all the way.

@alacaelum @zuflis11 You can see more of the map in Ch.24 p.8 ( https://mangadex.org/chapter/749929/8 ). It expans little bit to the west and you can see it expands a lot more to the north and south-east.

Right now we know where Lil Mo is almost exatly and we also know Soul controling sect resides in the Ya state. Probably in one of those claw like peninsulas. Just wondering about the scale of the map, just how far he traveled and for how long from his leave from the sect after examination.

Dex-chan lover
Friends, people from his sect, demons: "Hey, lets go to the Wilderness to look for the MC."
MC: "Well, should i go to the central country for some sightseeing?"

@dasheek @Mr_1RaE From what they say, this looks like its during the Zhou Dynasty, so the Forbidden City still didnt exist.

Users who are viewing this thread