Hero Union BBS - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Magical Girl

Thanks for the upload.

One comment on the typesetting: as much as I generally like all-caps fonts for manga, it unfortunately breaks the "orz" joke at the end, since it's a purely visual joke.

Thank you for these higher resolution images - they're always amazing to see in older, beloved series.

@Ambjoorn - Yep, OTL would work fine.

Main reason I bring this up is that there's a future chapter where the orz joke plays a bigger role.

Dex-chan lover
I think otl looks bad. And as for the all caps version, what does OTL mean?

I prefer orz anyway, as it is lowercase (aka not read as an acronym).

Dex-chan lover
@Jeirien I really doubt ppl suggesting replacing orz with OTL is referring to "On The Low" :D

Double-page supporter
@feha before the commonly known emojis, there were only emoticons. Aka pictures by a few text letters. Smiley faces such as :3 and :) and something known now owo and uwu exist. orz and I suppose OTL are known to be a letter picture of a person in despair with their head, hands and knees on the ground (facing left).

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Good timing, I was about to pick up where you left off. Thanks for the release.

Dex-chan lover
@jhadred yes, we know that otl is used as an orz (I literally said as much in the first comment). The question was "what does the all-caps version of otl, the acronym OTL, mean", as a tongue-in-cheek way to show that it is all-caps and thus an acronym (which was also literally said in the first comment, second paragraph).

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@nyaasar I'm behind on obligations already at the moment, no room for something else, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread