Heroic Chronicles of the Three Continents - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Personia War III

Fed-Kun's army
Strange how the author has several pages of the MC's army being killed yet at the end claims it was a perfect victory with no deaths. Apparently a crossbow bolt to the brain is survivable.

Dex-chan lover
@Smokedcheese

The zero deaths were on the enemy's side for their non-mercenary forces (Personian). Which is still BS because there would at least be some of the normal soldiers who died trampled from fleeing and retreating. The MC's army (Lemurian) lost 1,500 people which is still almost nothing.

I would love some quality military battles like in Vanadis.

dunno why but the page where he smiled while his soldiers got killed and run over doenst stick well to me, i know for a commander his soldiers are just numbers and he "only" lost 1500 soldiers, but i cant stop thinking that 1500 humans just died, one thousand and five hundred people just died

Fed-Kun's army
I wouldn't call 1500 deaths a perfect victory ┑( ̄Д  ̄)┍

Dex-chan lover
@ShinSekai
Same. He seems to lose his humanity, a great amount of it.
I play a lot of RTS, tactical, base-turn, etc.
I don't even want to lose an infantry.
And that is just games.
Whenever I saw an accident in the road, I feel hurt / sorry / pity for that random person that I don't even know.

Dex-chan lover
My heart skip a beat when Carolina was in a dangerous situation.
I dont like the idea she will be hurt....

Dex-chan lover
@ShinSekai
Only those born a real Leader can calmly analyse the situation like MC.
We will not be able to grasp how they feel, how they see, how they will assess the situation given on this crazy battle.
Thats why, great commander respect him as a leader, which job was to think carefully and lead them to victory.
He just need to produce a clear direction for the commanders and the soldiers, thus the humility needed to pity those who died was subside heavily in those situation.
If he didnt act like that, more will die cause he will lead them from the decision produced with panicked and pity....

Dex-chan lover
The enemy only lost its mercenary unit, while you lost 1500 amongst three different units and had twice as many soldiers remaining? That's just a tactical victory, not a perfect strategy!

Dex-chan lover
Early "Pike and Shot", huh. That guy might not look like it, but he's pretty smart. With his ambition though, I don't know if Hercule can risk having him under his belt.

I wonder what the cost for that illusion spell is. Something that big won't come in cheap after all.

Fed-Kun's army
As I'm reading I'm the Monarch right now, it makes me feel disappointed with this work's war. It's soooooo simple and fast-passed as if the author knows he have to do it but is desmotivated and just want to skip it quickly.

A pretty good work, though. Just that I'm feeling the potential is been wasted.

The author just tried to make it seems like a smart strategy, alas he decided to include magic in it. I knew they are elf, and so magic is common to them, but this and that are different. But i guess it's still okay, not like the author decide to make the war so one sidedly because of the magic, although regarding the fast pace of the war is kinda off

Users who are viewing this thread