Heroic Chronicles of the Three Continents - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Personia War III

The MC's side would have fewer loses if the soldier were not that dumb.
Cavalry charging a pike/crossbow wall.... Bowmen standing at throwing distance....

Lol, the cavalry didn't retreat afterall. The author just waste two chapter for some terrible battle scene. Why the other personia unit still unscathed? Just what are they doing?

@never_preorder the entire battle was dumb from the start, when the author introduce "swordman unit" and the heroine using sword on horseback. Sometimes (but rarely) heavy cavalry used for charging the centre (usually shield wall unit), if the centre break usually the entrire army start wavering. But the cavalry charge in formation, not one or two stray cavalry like that.

Fed-Kun's army
kinda reminds me of "MEET THE SPARTANS" with a projector army haha

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

should have put spearmen infront of the trenches, Longbowmen should've been put further behind them, some of the Heavy Cavalry units are just dumb charging into pikes and crossbow

Lmao some of this comments just really want to be that "akchually nerd-wanna-be", i know how dumb the heroine looked like with her sword in a cavalry but the fact is that you can ACKHUALLY use a sword in a cavalry dip shet @setsu, they are once again obviously outnumbered even as a cavalry plus the enemy dispersed right were the charge was at making it quite easier for both the back and the sides of the cavalry open, the spikes are also not impenetrable, the best defense is offense, if they were to prolong the war it would obviously be all for naught because the blind spot of a hill made it persuasive that the "illusion" was real thus wavering the mercenaries

Dex-chan lover
Are you sure you have the distinction between "war" and "battle" nailed down? The outcome of a single battle doesn't determine the outcome of the entire war. A war consists of potentially many battles.

The final tally in the last panel suggests that there are still battles to be fought - Dalios isn't going to just give up if all he's lost are his foreign mercenaries. If so, "the war ended in a perfect victory" is a rather severe mistranslation.

alternative solution without using illusion magic would have been using random citizens, get them some armour, and charge in without actually fighting.

Dex-chan lover
@ragtime

What? Oh, so he is. One might assume that's a bit of information that really should have been included in the post-battle statistics... "Captured enemy rulers: 1 out of 1". It's not like the rest really matters in that case.

Now, how does someone as ruthless and ostensibly brilliant as Dalios allow himself to get captured while all of his personal troops are alive and kicking? Does not compute - probably why that panel didn't register when I saw it the first time. Thank you for pointing it out. Wish fulfillment isekai be silly.

Go back and reread chapter 7.
Dalios started with 40,000 soldiers, now there's 12,000.
Some people are saying shit like, "he only lost the mercenary troops". Yeah, the mercs were almost 3/4 of his entire force. Dude's fucked even if he wasn't captured at the end there.

The Lemurians lost ~5% of their troops. Casualties are inevitable; 5% is damn good.

Perfect was probably the wrong word. Too lazy to look at the raws, but realistically this would be called an overwhelming success, unprecedented, or indisputably decisive or whatever.

Dex-chan lover
@tsunamizero02 in raw it is written "完全勝利" which translated literally into Perfect Victory. I don't know if this is an actual military terms, but it appeared in a lot in games when you get a perfect win (like in Kancolle, wiped out the enemy fleet while your fleet took 0 damages).
But yeah if we want to be nitpicky here, you can call this "Decisive Victory".

Soldiers: hmm yes, let's have a conversation on how we could get profits on this definitely not dangerous commander's child that has killed like 50 of our men whilst armorless and on horseback and has lied on the ground, while we are in the middle of the battlefield.

Double-page supporter
You know I'm starting to think the author doesn't know much about medieval warfare

Dex-chan lover
dunno why but the page where he smiled while his soldiers got killed and run over doenst stick well to me, i know for a commander his soldiers are just numbers and he "only" lost 1500 soldiers, but i cant stop thinking that 1500 humans just died, one thousand and five hundred people just died
@ShinSekai
Same. He seems to lose his humanity, a great amount of it.
I play a lot of RTS, tactical, base-turn, etc.
I don't even want to lose an infantry.
And that is just games.
Whenever I saw an accident in the road, I feel hurt / sorry / pity for that random person that I don't even know.
A general has to be levelheaded to lead, because if he kept worrying about losing more soldiers, he'll be nervous or distracted, thus making the chances of making a mistake higher. Focusing on the casualties can lead to a general losing the battle, thus leading to even more casualties

Users who are viewing this thread