Heroic Chronicles of the Three Continents

its a nation build manga. my fav genre. oh god pls let someone pick this up

Pretty good so far
But im going to let it sit for awhile till it hits 15 chapters or more so I can get a general understanding of the plot and story to see if its worth waiting or not afterward

Me:Oh nice a fantasy
Edo Gets Brought up
aaaand into the trash it goes

Interesting!, Thank you for your Hardwork Team.. i'll Look forward for the next Chapter..

Another one. This garbage setting again. Well I'm more or less garbage so this one is good.

mhh...
it sounds cool, i'll read the next chapters and when it published in my country: buy it

>names: Hadrianus, Hercule
>empire split to west and east and eventually declining
>the emperor's ceremonial clothing
>two headed eagle coat of arms
>lost grain fields and sea control rights...
>threats: northern nomads, southwestern heretics, western pagans
hmmm is it just me or does these all seem familiar?
isn't this just Rome/Byzantine?

trivia:
-the name Hadrianus is prolly derived from Hadrian (Roman Emperor 117-138)
-The name Hercule is prolly taken from Hercules or Heraclius (Byzantine Emperor 610-641)
-The Roman Empire split into the western and eastern roman empire, in which the eastern eventually became the Byzantine empire while the west fell under the control of germanic tribes
-The ceremonial clothes worn by Hercule is the exact same ceremonial clothes of Byzantine Emperors including the scepter and the cross-bearing orb
-The double-headed eagle was first used by the Byzantine empire and was copied by other "successor states" of Rome
-The Roman Empire had several grain fields but none were actually within Rome. Most of their fields were in the eastern side and in the south in egypt. Rome also controlled the entire mediteranean. So when their empire declined, they lost most of their grain fields and their sea trade routes. Byzantine still had their grain fields of course, hence why we see them growing grains in this manga since their empire is obviously referenced from Byzantine (albeit seemingly smaller)
-Threat of Northern nomads is probably a reference to the germanic and slavic tribes
-Southwestern Heretics is probably a reference to the islamic arabia
-Western pagans probably refer to the italians (formerly germanic tribes that settled in western rome after its fall) probably a reference to before that area became the Frankish empire (or a reference to the frankish empire itself)

Disclaimer: some of my information may be wrong. I'm no expert in this topic, just an enthusiast who happened to notice the references

@0Kuroshii
Nah, nothing looks Byzantine from a visual standpoint. Such a shame they just fucking used the ultra generic Isekai visuals and clothes.

@0Kuroshii
Yeah, nah. Not even those look Byzantine. Those ceremonial clothes match up with modern(Post 1453) ceremonial clothes of Western Kings and Emperors, and that specific double headed Eagle doesn't look like the one used in the Eastern Roman Empire. I would say it looks more like Slavic, or Hungarian during the modern era.

Users who are viewing this thread