Heterogeneous Linguistics

Dex-chan lover
When an ad leads you to something that may be incredibly cute. Will have to add this to my list and attack later.

Group Leader
great ad for a great manga. I was already following, but the ad made me smile because it fit with the manga so well 😁

The ad led me here, but boy oh boy do I want to stay here forever. Only looked into the first couple chapters, but I see this as "Hakumei to Mikochi" in a more adventurous setting, basically. Author's attention to detail in a manga focused on world-building is very appropriate, too. First impression is so satisfying. Will rate when I finished up to the current chapter, but I suspect this will get 9-10/10 from me.

Contributor
If you like this you should try the dragon the hero and the courier. It doesn’t have a loli, but I’d argue it has even better world building and it has the same practicality applied to a fantasy setting vibe.

Aggregator gang
Im impressed, i did not expect for this one to be this good, to the point i can only give it a 10.

Sorry for the delay guys, I was busy with my studies. The next chapter should be up in a few days!

This manga is amazing, it reminds me of when I used to travel to Japan. There you don't give up your seat to elders as it would considered as disrespectful, it is weird but understandable if you think about it. When you talk of Japan, you will often think of samurai and samurai are known for their bravery, strong and loyal, which most Japanese today are still following that idea. So when you give up your seat for elders, it is like you are calling them weak and need protection, even though you don't mean it but that is what they believe in, and most of the time they will refuse. The same thing is applied in this manga that the monsters have a culture of
eating the person when they die to show a form of respect, where we either burn or burial instead
. It is quite fascinate and I'm looking to see more of the world building and cultures.

@aihie i'd say a big reason we don't eat people is that it's a really good way to get all their diseases and parasites,also it may lead to considering other people a food source,now that might not be terrible if you only eat already dead people but when food gets scarce it might be a little too easy to consider helping people along the road to being dead,and a society that eats itself can't last.

@BlackIronBlood Yes you are correct, we human are smarter than them and that's why we don't eat people, also we are talking about monsters here, they are more likely to have better immu system than us. There are animals that have better immu system than us human, and one of them is whale. Whales rarely get cancer, even though bigger animal are more likely to have cancer, surprise, the reason is that they have cancer cells that kill each other so somehow that made them almost completely immu to cancer.

If you have read the manga up to the recent chapter, you can tell that
the monsters don't have society system, they don't group up to work together, they don't do fair work, they just do whatever they want and no one complains about that (except our MC but more curious than complain), and when asked about it, they are confused which lead me to believe that they don't think about it at all and consider that as normal > They are not smart enough to see other people as food source so at most when food gets scarce, they will most likely eat the one that died instead of the living ( in the worm chapter it showed that they only consider the ones that can't talk as food and it seems like they only eat the dead out of respect instead as food as showed in the Village of Death chapter, when our MC is being asked to eat the two lizards and Susuki when they die, he said no which caused Susuki to feel sad, even though the other two are fine and said because they are grow up and they understand culture different). In addition I don't think they are smart enough to plot out and kill someone for food or dumb enough to wait for food get scarce, they will move out as soon as they see the sign of it, although if nature is against them then they are as good as dead but I don't think the author will go there, the manga is meant to show the monsters' culture and such
. So yeah, in short you can look this whole thing as pre civilization.

I am still liking this kind of story very much.
The exploration of alien language and alien mannerisms.

The first volume of the official release comes out on October 20th. Almost 4 full months for one volume. :sigh:

Dex-chan lover
@Ununoctium Well, just think that they have basically 1 person do the translation and then others proof read, then corrections then proof read until they are happy. Then they need a cover. Meanwhile they have loads of other projects they are doing as well. It is understandable, but you'd think you'd want to get volume 1 out asap after getting your liecense that way the 2nd volume can be released sooner too. They need the gap to build a bit of hype and suspense. For all the volume sales that are done, I'm sure they have figured out the best gap between releases to make the most money.

Dex-chan lover
@aihie people actually worked together a lot even before civilization. For what it's worth, even chimps in real life show more cooperation than monsters in the manga.
Minding that it's mentioned that there used to be a war between humans and monsters, either there is (or used to be) some hidden mechanism that allowed the monsters to form at least warbands with single command, or the monsters used to be much more numerous and had many more powerful creatures like dragons.

Users who are viewing this thread