Hide Manga that are uninterested in.

Dex-chan lover
If you allowed people to hide manga they know they won't want to read in the future then they would not have to sift through the extra updates every day. It will also push people to read many more manga that they would otherwise not read when they are checking to see if they want to hide them later, some of which people will become interested in where they otherwise would have just ignored it based on the cover art.

An example of this feature is on the steamgifts website. While this feature is not common to manga reading sites, I feel it would improve the site. I do not know the difficulties in creating such a system, but I believe it would be similar to the function of marking a manga as reading along with a filtering setup similar to the one that filters out other languages.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Just so you know, as a general rule, the more filters we add the worse the entire site will perform.

This is something I'd rather do client-side only but that would have all the related side effects. However, when we get to remaking the read marker system, it's possible that doing that may help us figure out how to implement something like this without stressing the server too much.

Wait and see, I guess.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Yeah, exactly. The planned read marker system is going to let the client to do all the heavy lifting while using the server simply to sync the status between different browsers. One of the problems here though is that naturally we would want to limit the amount of syncing as much as possible. With chapters, knowing what to sync and when both to and from the server is a lot more straightforward than with an ignored manga/genre setting that applies globally on the site.

Users who are viewing this thread