Hide read chapters on front page updates

Setting to hide newly uploaded repeated chapters from front page if there is another chapter from differently uploader that has a translation of that chapter has already been read. Could be limited to just the frontpage followed updates.

Use case: hide "new chapter" updates on front page that are old chapters just uploaded by a new group.

Fed-Kun's army
They don't hide repeated chapters in your follow list. Surely, they won't do that on the the homepage either.

Dex-chan lover
With the topic sounding misleading, I wonder if someone's gonna slap a "planned" or "maybe" tag on this without realizing what it is the OP is actually asking for

@MavB_Ver
Can't speak for what action the Mangadex team will take but I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets a bit frustrated to see an "update" on a manga I follow only for it to be just another translation of chapter 1.

@MrIncognito
I definitely should've put more thoughts into the title. Repeated chapters showing up on the frontpage updates is what I meant.

Contributor
it's okay if there's more than one group translating the same chapter, no one owns titles.
+ it's too difficult to make
TA9d10O.gif

Fed-Kun's army
@minngeilo
It was suggested not showing the same chapters by multiple groups in the follow list many times. All were rejected.
Basically, they want to encourage competition, and want to avoid first come first served situations.

@YumGumYum
I think my point might've been confusing. I don't have an issue with there being multiple groups. I just don't want to be shown a repeated chapter in the updates section of the frontpage. Code-wise this shouldn't be difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread