i feel like... if the dude just tread water gently, maybe it would have been enough? like some dude could have just slowly dropped a bit of rope off the side and, you know, basically do anything but try to escape by going deeper into a fish's natural domain-
ehhh, then again, if these sardines i'm eating now just decided to leap out of the olive oil and become ripped ass naked mutants, I probably wouldn't be thinking too rationally either.
that shot of him being surrounded by them underwater was pretty neat.
maybe he even survives!
at the final showdown, he appears, soaking wet, walking casually.
Akira: Y-you! How-? I saw you fall.
Dive Ninja: Can't lie, Akira, wasn't looking too good for this ninja. I had to dive deeper than I ever dived before. Rest easy. You're not alone in this fight.
proceeds to be gruesomely slain by tilapia