High Position - Vol. 5 Ch. 39 - Saigo Hanashi "Closing Words"

Pretty interesting manga though the ending felt kinda rushed. Would've preferred him ending up with Satsuki in the past, having an accident and ending up in a great future but this ending wasn't bad either with the MC trying to improve his shitty situation from what he learned in the time slip.

Interesting with an opposite to other time slips where the MC usually uses knowledge from the future to improve his standing in the past.

Double-page supporter
Maybe it's not really a time slip. Maybe it's just a kind of revolving lantern.
I'm glad he mend his relationship with his daughter and ex wife though.

I'm gonna cry, it was a really fun ride and it gives me good feelings for the future. Thank you so much for translating!

Contributor
I'm surprised. I thought this would end up in the self-insert fantasy genre that many reincarnation stories like this go through, but instead the author thought a bit ahead. Instead of just using his situation as a way to enter his wildest fantasies, he instead used it to become a better person. And considering that most of us would have squandered our opportunities in the same position, that's a big accomplishment.

Dex-chan lover
Damn good shit, thank you axe wielding giant lumberjack for translating the series and the pace you went through putting the chapters out.

Group Leader
Thanks for translating the series. You said you got the volumes of fight! Ippatsu! Juuden-chan! Do you think you will pick that one up later on?

Aggregator gang
Great series, satisfying ending. Maybe the best, ominous, crowded, distinct ending panel, if I ever saw one.

Well worth the ride and a nice conclusion, which seems to be rare nowadays with all the drama of rushed endings, inconclusive story-telling and just axed stories. Or those with a 180° ending in total contrast to the story so far. This has none of it. Enjoyable and well worth the time reading.

@ThePaulBunyanTrophy
Thank you for translating and putting your thoughts at the end. I really like it, when translators add their two cents, because it makes me realize that they are readers, too.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, I just wanted him to have a happy do-over! I actually cared about him!

Dex-chan lover
Since we are on a cheering roll I have to join the choir of celebrants in praising your good job.

Although when he got hit by the car I expected him to go back in the past again. It's pretty common to die from such accidents - it's when your head hits the ground that is the killing part. So he must have landed on his butt or something. Explains the broken bones even if he didn't fly all of five meters.

But yea, "it was all a dream" works better this way. Or a variation of the "life flashed before his eyes" (only he got to redo some parts of it) :D

Group Leader
Thanks for the words of appreciation. It was a fun project for me, and something I never thought I could do even 3 months ago when I dipped my toes into this scanlation thing.

As far as being axed, I'm not tuned in enough (or at all) to the industry to know, but I know that once a series has waned in popularity, the editorial staff can make a decision to end and give the author a certain number of chapters to finish. The actual number of chapters can vary, and most authors, especially a veteran like Kira Takashi, would have the closing arc in mind already. If you look at the progressions, it had room to go for a while, maybe even into their 3rd years in high school, with new conflicts and resolutions. Maybe there could've been a story about Baba and Maruo-san, maybe the assholes #1, #2 and #3 could've reappeared. A beach chapter would've been nice (and maybe one was planned because that trip to the sea with Miyu was kinda unexpected. If so, then we really lost something good). So maybe it was axed, but I think all the important stories did get out, and all we lost were probably just filler fluffs.

oops, posted as juicius... Your eyes are playing tricks on you... This actually says ThePaulBunyan Trophy... OooooOooOooooo...

Users who are viewing this thread