High Position

Its only got 5 volumes?! I was somewhat getting into this! I was ready for a 15-20 volume emotional ride.

Keep it up!

Amano!! You Done Goofed Oni-chan!!

I have the japanese Manga series....I haven't bother translating it, but without giving anything away...it gets pretty weird.

Fed-Kun's army
Man, what an awesome chapter, I think I will saved some money in the future to buy this manga.

How is this gonna end in 6 chapters? Him getting together with the other girl and his daughter never being born?

Thanks a lot for this scanlation, ThePaulBunyanTrophy !
I read it all between yesterday and today. The manga is really good.
I'm looking forward to the next chapters, even more now that I know that it's going to end soon (most of the times, the story drags forever and the result ends up being subpar, until it gets cut by the editor... This won't happen this time and I'm sure the tension is going to keep up till the end).

Dex-chan lover
I know butterfly effect and all but really? One decision shouldnt be that big

I’m glad i waited to read this since early chapter MC was a bit annoying lol

Contributor
Of course it would end with an Elfen Lied.
Thanks for this great manga, ThePaulBunyanTrophy.

In my opinion the wife and the daughter were a pair of two indifferent bitches. It was better marrying Ozawa.

@peste He was already a shitty father and husband before and then got pulled out of a fire at essentially a whore house. It was just the final straw. I don't blame them at all.

@peste, I think you're feeling too much for the character because you've only seen his good development. His wife actually put up with him for 20 years or so, saying she's indifferent is being very oblivious of the time she spent in their relationship. But it wore her away. We haven't seen the protagonist during those 20 years, that's a goddamn long time.

Fed-Kun's army
None of them really come out looking great. Sachiko had the worst reason for marrying Amano, and the marriage became sexless after Miyu was born, so it was messed up from at least that point, if not at the very beginning. And neither of them did anything in the 20 years to fix it, so the blame goes to both parties, not just to any one of them. In my personal opinion though, I think Sachiko comes out looking a little worse, because of how this all started. I remember her little self-satisfied smirk after half-forcing awkward and unsure Amano to say he loves her. The marriage was only a short term bounce back solution from her terrible relationship prior, and the dissatisfaction ate away at her quickly enough to withhold sex after only a couple years of marriage. But marriage is a partnership, and Amano should have done more to fix it, except he was a non-confrontational wimp with confidence issues, so it was easier for him to just ignore it. Really, it's a text book example of how not to get into a relationship and how not to run a marriage.

Very fitting ending. Don't think I would have been satisfied if things had turned out any other way. Very maturely written with a pretty good understanding of how people work.

Thank you ThePaulBunyanTrophy for translating this to the end
It had a great story and a good end but i wouldn't have said no for few more pages at the end when they find each other again

Dex-chan lover
I get the feeling this was axed, but the ending was likely always intended to be like this. I do wish the mid-30s chapters had been paced better. It must have been an editorial-induced decision. The ending was bittersweet but nice, all things considered. I'm really looking forward to the author's next work.

I feel the author could have created 4 arcs -- different future in each case, then back to original timeline. But it is what it is, and we only get few pages on those arcs and the story end.

@jameaney not gonna pretend the dude is perfect but he was caught at a whorehouse with a wife that hadn't put out for 20 years, so this specific issue is not exactly scummy imo, given cultural norms in Japan can't say I'm really surprised he didn't divorce, though that's changed much more recently

Users who are viewing this thread