High Score Girl DASH

Fed-Kun's army
Whaaa? The story continued?? It’s about Hidaka???

Bruh she better find her happiness.

And the other two from the prequel better show up to help her eventually!

Not a bad side story so far, I appreciate the series's independence from the main storyline while still giving some fanservice here and there.

Dex-chan lover
@idle_af I don't think he knows about new uploaders needing mod approval before a chapter is visible, so he was re-uploading it a few times.

@sirsub unfortunately you will have to wait for a mod. Most are asleep usually at this time of day.

what is with the bleak tone of this series

and for a sequel ment to be about hideka it sure dont give her much screen time

Dex-chan lover
Its a sequel for Hidaka and we haven't seen much for Hidaka in the story. I like where it's trying to go but it just feels odd

I can sorta see the foundation this manga's trying to build. Something like "The classroom can teach a kid only so much about life. If you've never put your pride on the line in a 3rd Strike set how much do you really know about yourself? How much do you really know about your classmate if you've never 1cc'd Metal Slug with them before?"

I just wish Yamai wasn't so ho-hum as a character. All the other kids have clear motivations for heading to the arcade. Mirai can die at any moment so she wants to go out button mashing. Katagiri hates her homelife so playing Night Warriors is her way of escaping. Yamai? His grandma keeps seeing weird shit and maybe ghosts took his soul which is why he's so emotionless? He wants to start being taken seriously or something so he's gonna have arcade gremlin Arisu transform him or some shit? Not a good enough motivation. Even "I want to be able to shut down Katagiri's smug lil face at will" would be a better character motivation. But there's still hope for him I think.

Double-page supporter
what's with the 3 images of some random dude in a sad excuse of a room in the covers?

@kaijuwega Personally i find his motivation to be somewhat sensible taking into account what we know about him, to be dismissed in such an abyssal way by everyone must feel absolutely bad and only having a demented granny as his companion should put everyone into a position where they seek to at least be with someone else, to find something that he really likes and be denied of it for some bullshit reason like teacher's respect must also be affecting him in a way, who knows, maybe these first conflicts he suddenly found himself with will develop him as a character in the future. He finally seems to have found the drive to change into something else at least.

Users who are viewing this thread