Hiiragi-san Chi no Kyuuketsu Jijou - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Blood Deficiency

Dex-chan lover
If I’m Shota I’m not gonna buy all of this “family” crap. He’s originally supposed to end up like that girl in the end of the chapter, he’s their livestock. And while i get that they don’t have any other choice for survival, they treat it as minor inconvenience and didn’t really show any remorse at the beginning when he’s about to die (except Yukie), all the while smiling like villains. Only now it looks like they make Meme cried for killing people.

And i also saw the raw after reading the other guy comment (spoiler)
So now they also casually made Shota a murder accomplice lol
I mean he has chosen to stay with the vamps via his own will. This was an inevitable story telling wise, glad they are clearly showin that girl dead this chapter (There is no way outside of the biggest of big copout writing to bring that girl to life) although why did Mimi ignore her thirst buildup? If it's cause of the moon I'd understand but we saw before the moon she was having issues that seemed to point to thirst.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes good old family times. Hiding a body and trying to avoid romantic tension between you and your step sis.

Dex-chan lover
I mean he has chosen to stay with the vamps via his own will. This was an inevitable story telling wise, glad they are clearly showin that girl dead this chapter (There is no way outside of the biggest of big copout writing to bring that girl to life) although why did Mimi ignore her thirst buildup? If it's cause of the moon I'd understand but we saw before the moon she was having issues that seemed to point to thirst.

well, her eyes staying open like that and meme simply dropping her like a sack of rice implies she's done imo.
and while i think it's good to show the harsh sides of vampire life without playing it off as a joke and saying she's fine after "resting," it still was completely unnecessary. meme was seemingly aware that she had bouts of thirst and didn't turn to shouta.
Actually, after bit of cool headed thinking, unless there's some gigabrain plot development, or some SERIOUS repercussions for Mimi, I think I'll drop reading this. There will be no point in going further, if such a 'family dynamics centric' manga won't address the SHEER FUCKING TRAUMA of having a daughter/sister/friend/classmate/whatever MURDERED. This ain't some fucking Higurashi or shit. Shouta will have no excuses either. He, together with us readers, could delude himself that previous victims were 'deserving' of being turned into fodder. Rapists, murderers, child abusers etc. Here, it's not an option.

So, short of
extended suicide

or something equally drastic I am not seeing a way for this story to keep integrity. No can do, sir.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, after bit of cool headed thinking, unless there's some gigabrain plot development, or some SERIOUS repercussions for Mimi, I think I'll drop reading this. There will be no point in going further, if such a 'family dynamics centric' manga won't address the SHEER FUCKING TRAUMA of having a daughter/sister/friend/classmate/whatever MURDERED. This ain't some fucking Higurashi or shit. Shouta will have no excuses either. He, together with us readers, could delude himself that previous victims were 'deserving' of being turned into fodder. Rapists, murderers, child abusers etc. Here, it's not an option.

So, short of
extended suicide

or something equally drastic I am not seeing a way for this story to keep integrity. No can do, sir.
I honestly think this maybe the first series were we have a vampire family/love interest that shows this actually happening (they usually just get knocked out).

I dunno about trauma cause he at least wasnt there for the killing but I cant see this not phasing him. Remember this is the guy that was supposed to die that first night but only lived cause of his blood being special. So he should be way more wary then he is. I'm not gonna be shocked to find out that he's the kid of some high up vampire or the like.

Dex-chan lover
bruh my boi shouta better be ready to pull the shotgun, no way he gonna betray his own race

Users who are viewing this thread