Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god thank you so much for the chapter!!

I wonder if having crushed spirits inside him takes a toll or if it's because of the fragment, "hikaru" might need ot back to protect yoshiki

Dex-chan lover
THERE'S A WHAT INSIDE HIS HAMSTER??

thank you for translating!!
So casual too ;-; !
IKR!? Hell of a bomb to just drop on us in the post-chapter extras.

Also in Yoshiki's recalled dream where he mentions liking even dangerous predatory animals, it follows nicely from the previous chapter extra where we see him raising a bear cub. Loved the art this chapter, particularly the long environmental shots which highlight when the boys are isolated and vulnerable as well as the possessed streaking man approaching the school. Thanks for the TL.

Dex-chan lover
this story started very small and personal and now it's getting pretty whacky tbh
im not sure how I feel about it. part of me thinks its cool and the characters and situations being introduced are funny and interesting, especially the esper girl.
but part of me liked it when it was just a story about the awkward love developing between two boys
the whole 'hikaru died and came back' could be seen as a metaphor for Hikaru coming out to the MC as gay (and liking MC)
the 'filth' thing could be seen as a metaphor for gay skinship and more
the story that we see developing now is more of a straight forward Yokai story with the themes being of a much bigger scope, almost cosmic.
I dont dislike it at all, but im a little nostalgic for that story we could have gotten.

Fed-Kun's army
this story started very small and personal and now it's getting pretty whacky tbh
Honestly I agree. I loved the creepy, intensely menacing horror of the oneshot and the first few chapters and how that worked as a metaphor for the boys attraction to each each other, grief and just difficult/unhealthy relationships in general.
I'm a bit bummed by how those things have been featuring less and less as the chapters go on and it moves more to typical supernatural shounen shenanigans.

Aggregator gang
Honestly I agree. I loved the creepy, intensely menacing horror of the oneshot and the first few chapters and how that worked as a metaphor for the boys attraction to each each other, grief and just difficult/unhealthy relationships in general.
I'm a bit bummed by how those things have been featuring less and less as the chapters go on and it moves more to typical supernatural shounen shenanigans.
Exactly 😭 CMIIW but I remember I read somewhere that the BL tag is already removed in the official release?
I began to read this manga because of the BL tag and I LOVE how twisted their relationship was. So yes I'm bummed too

Is it just me or does this feel like this chapter is rushed and have some skipped pages? Can someone send me the link of the raw so I could confirm it.

Users who are viewing this thread